Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Did you watch Revolution? Will you watch the return?

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:14 PM
  • 61 Replies

What do you think would happen to you in a world without any technology?

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:16 PM
I think I would finally get a vacation! Sometimes I could swear my office has a low-jack on me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsSamMerlotte
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:17 PM
I watch it. The idea is almost exciting. Then I remember that their would be no modern medicine, and thats scary. And honestly, I probably wouldn't live long without technology. It would be exciting at first, then really scary. and then I would hate it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I've watched the first 5 episodes and have the others DVRd and ready to watch.  I find it interesting.  I'd like to think I'd adapt to a world without technology and do just fine.

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:20 PM

The thing like no really good drugs for an illness is what woudl frighten me.

Quoting MrsSamMerlotte:

I watch it. The idea is almost exciting. Then I remember that their would be no modern medicine, and thats scary. And honestly, I probably wouldn't live long without technology. It would be exciting at first, then really scary. and then I would hate it.

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:24 PM

It was loosing me towards the end. I liked it a lot in the beginning. I'll probably dvr but it's not something I'm really excited about coming back. 

I suppose we would do better than most considering where and how we already live.  The idea of no electricity does not appeal to me which is why we already have multiple back-ups in case of power outages. 

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:43 PM

See, I think so many people would think they would do well, but 100 million would be dead in 4 months in this country.

Quoting smalltowngal:

It was loosing me towards the end. I liked it a lot in the beginning. I'll probably dvr but it's not something I'm really excited about coming back. 

I suppose we would do better than most considering where and how we already live.  The idea of no electricity does not appeal to me which is why we already have multiple back-ups in case of power outages. 

Bieg9093
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:46 PM

In a world without technology, I guess I'd have to get off my ass and do stuff.

I like the premise of Revolution and I like the writing.  Unfortunately, I haven't grown to like the characters so it might not hold my attention.

D.O.E.
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:48 PM

i like thatshow! when is it  back on?

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:00 PM

It would not be pretty. We produce a lot of our food and I'm use to a root cellar and cannng.  Water isn't an issue where I live since the water table is fairly high. The biggest thing is people would need to rely on other people. 

Quoting talia-mom:

See, I think so many people would think they would do well, but 100 million would be dead in 4 months in this country.

Quoting smalltowngal:

GLWerth
by Gina on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

There would be an adustment period, but we'd do fine in the end. DH knows how to blacksmith and between us we know how to do a lot of non-tech stuff.

Would I like it? Not even a little bit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)