Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

What can you tell me about pennsylvania

Posted by   + Show Post
ok my kids and i are trying to make a new start for ourselves because of my divorce and what my ex is putting the kids through. So we were looking at pennsylvania. Does anyone know anything about the state besides the hershey factory?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
whoopsie16
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:15 PM
nothing, but bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kam013
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Quoting pixie92:

i dont think can shock us like moving here did and we only did it for my soon to be ex. Tell me whats the weather like? is there tornadoes or anything like that? how pretty is the state? what types of things are there to do? sorry besides the baby im becoming single and my kids are now adults so we are hoping there are fun things to do for all of us.

Quoting RainyDayLazy:

I live in Central Pa, close to where they have the Little League World Series. It's right off the Susquehanna River. I moved here from the Philly area. It was a big culture shock going from city to rural life. Lol

I agree that there's not as many job opportunities but it is a lovely area to raise children.

I lived just outside of Williamsport, PA for 3 years.  Williamsport is good sized, but far smaller than say Philly or Pittsburg, but what I liked about it is that you had that small city feel and just outside you had lots of rural countryside.  Very beautiful, mountains, valleys, river.  

I didn't find the weather to be that much different than here in New England.  Spring, summer, winter, fall.  

I actually thought it was kinda the best of both worlds.  Little league is huge in this area

Loved having the Susquehanna River nearby, since we moved from Cape Cod, I needed some form of water.  We ended up moving back to MA because I missed the ocean so much.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Shoo Bee.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

I live just north of Philadelphia and love it. I've lived here my whole life. Philadelphia has a ton of activities (zoo, museums, sports teams, restaurants). We're also close to NJ which has some great beaches. It's easy to get to DE, MD and NYC from here. The leaves are gorgeous in the fall. Some winters are cold and we can get a lot snow but this had been a mild one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:28 PM
OMG...I haven't heard that in so long!

Quoting LauraKW:

Shoo Bee.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

I live just north of Philadelphia and love it. I've lived here my whole life. Philadelphia has a ton of activities (zoo, museums, sports teams, restaurants). We're also close to NJ which has some great beaches. It's easy to get to DE, MD and NYC from here. The leaves are gorgeous in the fall. Some winters are cold and we can get a lot snow but this had been a mild one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I was going to say Hershey. I got nothing for ya.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:33 PM
I miss Jersey :).

Quoting coolmommy2x:

OMG...I haven't heard that in so long!

Quoting LauraKW:

Shoo Bee.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

MrsHurley08
by New Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:39 PM
We just moved about 20 min outside Pittsburgh in august.... so far we love it! It has a nice country feel with eady access to the city where there is plenty to do. We are nature lovers and this is definitely a great place for that.. its gorgeous in the fall!!! If u have more specific questions just adk!
RainyDayLazy
by Rainy on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:11 PM
I agree, it is beautiful here! I live in Lewisburg. :)

The only complaint I have being so close to the river is the flooding.

Quoting kam013:

Quoting pixie92:

i dont think can shock us like moving here did and we only did it for my soon to be ex. Tell me whats the weather like? is there tornadoes or anything like that? how pretty is the state? what types of things are there to do? sorry besides the baby im becoming single and my kids are now adults so we are hoping there are fun things to do for all of us.

Quoting RainyDayLazy:

I live in Central Pa, close to where they have the Little League World Series. It's right off the Susquehanna River. I moved here from the Philly area. It was a big culture shock going from city to rural life. Lol

I agree that there's not as many job opportunities but it is a lovely area to raise children.

I lived just outside of Williamsport, PA for 3 years.  Williamsport is good sized, but far smaller than say Philly or Pittsburg, but what I liked about it is that you had that small city feel and just outside you had lots of rural countryside.  Very beautiful, mountains, valleys, river.  

I didn't find the weather to be that much different than here in New England.  Spring, summer, winter, fall.  

I actually thought it was kinda the best of both worlds.  Little league is huge in this area

Loved having the Susquehanna River nearby, since we moved from Cape Cod, I needed some form of water.  We ended up moving back to MA because I missed the ocean so much.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:44 PM

I am from just outside of NYC and now I live in NE PA, I love it here, it's beautiful and peaceful.  Far enough away from the cities to not have to deal with the crime and close enough to be able to work.

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:47 PM

It's phone number is 6-5000...  and it's a long word... somewhere 'back east.' I think.

:D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)