Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

What can you tell me about pennsylvania

Posted by   + Show Post
ok my kids and i are trying to make a new start for ourselves because of my divorce and what my ex is putting the kids through. So we were looking at pennsylvania. Does anyone know anything about the state besides the hershey factory?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Replies (31-40):
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Without for me!

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Pittsburg and Philly, with Kentucky in between.

Tastycakes.

They're called hoagies. 

I eat mine "wit."

"Yo" is a multipurpose word.

Commonwealth.

If you're gonna make your own hoagies, you only want Amoroso's.

Yuengling is the oldest one in the U.S. But look for the porter. It is the original, the only one they used to make. PA's Guiness. Mmmm...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
secondboy2012
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:50 AM
We are 30 min outside Pittsburgh (husband works in the city). We are selling our housr this summer. Good luck

Quoting pixie92:

We were looking around pittsburgh. What do you mean it snows alot? where we live now it snows for about 6 to 8 months and we get a lot. Is there lakes and woods around?

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Pittsburgh is gorgeous. It snows a lot. Philly has a horrid crime rate.  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Beenhereforever
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Pennsylvania is beautiful I live here
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DACIA79
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:57 AM
I'm from Philadelphia great place to visit. Don't live there there plenty of options though, Williamsport, Horsham, Abington, State college, Youngstown is right between Ohio and Pa worth checking out.

Good luck
Dzyre1115
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Lake Harmony

Quoting pixie92:

which town is it? i truely know nothing about the state so we are trying to get names so we can look for a house and get information on the town befor we move! its our fresh start away from everyone we know!

Quoting Dzyre1115:

I am from just outside of NYC and now I live in NE PA, I love it here, it's beautiful and peaceful.  Far enough away from the cities to not have to deal with the crime and close enough to be able to work.

raschwittay
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Is there anything fun for small children here near Berwick pa? We are on vaca here

Quoting RainyDayLazy:

I live in Central Pa, close to where they have the Little League World Series. It's right off the Susquehanna River. I moved here from the Philly area. It was a big culture shock going from city to rural life. Lol

I agree that there's not as many job opportunities but it is a lovely area to raise children.

momtimesx4
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Ever seen the movie Rocky?  Or The Office?  

I hear Scranton is nice.

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Lots of great small, private colleges........

and

They drive crazy too and seem to lack understanding of basic rules of the road- like directionals, yielding and merging and such.......(LOL)

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Very city like though. I found Scranton to be rather "industrial" but the campus of the University was wonderful.

Quoting momtimesx4:

Ever seen the movie Rocky?  Or The Office?  

I hear Scranton is nice.

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Easton, PA.!!!!!!

Nice small town feel with a cute downtown area with a small town surrounding. Lafayette College is on the mountain overlooking the town. It is picturesque(sp?)

Quoting pixie92:

We like the country but we want to be close to the city since my daughter will be in college and the rest of us need jobs. I also like the country or smaller towns cause i have my six month old grandson and i like the niceness of small towns when it comes to raising kids.

Quoting terpmama:

I'm from a small town on the eastern side. I will tell you that it is different depending on what part you're in (western, middle or eastern) as well as country vs city. What kind of place do you like? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN