Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

How I know I'm turning into my Mother *fluff*

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:20 PM
  • 9 Replies

I guilt tripped my son into dancing with me in the kitchen. 

The only difference is that it was to Led Zepplin (When the Levees Break) whereas my mother always made me and sisters dance with her when the Beatles came on. Which happened quite often. Still happens. 

Do you ladies do stuff your mothers do that made you roll your eyes as a child? 

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:24 PM
2 moms liked this

My mom was and is "frugal"- Never a lunch bag or baggie to be bought kind of frugal. I am starting to become that kind of person too. Who needs Rubbermaid of Tupperware when you have old yogurt and sour cream containers?

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I like to think I'm not a judgemental person. However, my mother is the queen of judgement. I feel my brain going more and more that way as I get older. It's harder to keep it in check when I see people doing some really crazy stupid things. 

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Not my mom but definitely my dad. Sometimes I'll be in the middle of doing something and I actually creep myself out because of how similiar I've become. 

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:56 PM

That too. I drive exactly like my father. My mother says it's like watching a clone of him drive. I hold the wheel and sit exactly like he does. 

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Not my mom but definitely my dad. Sometimes I'll be in the middle of doing something and I actually creep myself out because of how similiar I've become. 

thibbyk91a
by New Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:06 PM
I'm kinda both Lol. My mom washes the shower before every shower.. ive caught myself doing it. And I drive just like my dad
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I am much more similar to my mother than I would ever admit.  lol

Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this
My mom was a clean freak; and, she would get a panic look if something was out of whack (like a jacket being laid over the back of a chair) she wouldn't yell or such ... She would just get up and put the jacket away. Me and my sister would just say, "mom just relax its not a big deal and such."

Well I'm the same way, my girls will do it to me.

Here is the cool part, my girls are going to be the same way ... I have never seen their room, bathroom, car, etc., every messed up ... I know they'll be exactly the same way when they're older.

:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I am more like my Dad. :-) Easy to talk to and friendly, trusting. My Mom was  not a friendly type..introverted ,a clean freak too. I was always a slow eater and after everyone left the table and I was still eating, she almost always tried to take my plate away from me so that she could do the dishes immediately!  It became a joke betwen us.I'm not like that. Oh, and she had no sense of humor whereas my Dad did  He would tell jokes at dinner time , we would laugh, and I do that now!  He was very easy going and my Mom wasn't. I bet my Dad would be watching Southpark if he was alive now! He loved his job, too,loved working with people --I did,too, until retired .  I gladly worked overtime.  ;-)  And,my Mom didn't like to work. We all encouraged her to get a job when my brother and I were in high school , my Dad did, too, but she wouldn't try. She didn't want to work...except at home, cleaning. LOL. It might have been her temperament or lack ofconfidence , but who knows.

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I catch myself all the time now, using my mother's same mannerisms and expressions.  I can't help it.

It doesn't embarrass my daughters, but me dancing around in the driver's seat of the car while we are sitting at a red light is sure to do the trick!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)