Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Ohio rape case- yes, another post.

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:06 PM
  • 7 Replies

I followed this case every day since I first heard of it. I for one am HAPPY they are guilty. That is what happens when you CHOOSE TO RAPE.

Last night I told my husband "If my son raped a girl, and was stupid enough to have videos made of it and brag about it, I would drag him by his ear to the police and say it to the media that he is a rapist. He would not be allowed in my home after that."
My husband agreed 100 percent.

I couldn't fathom trying to protect my child if they raped somebody and it was PROVEN. If it were an accusation, I'd be on his side, hoping it weren't true.
My child or not, I would never try to justify a rapists' actions. that whole town is disgusting. 

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I think I would feel very embarrassed and disappointed, but I don't know how far I would go to further shame my son. I certainly wouldn't defend my child for a crime of this nature. I cannot even imagine the pain, trauma and embarrassment the parents of these boys must be feeling. I hope that they all seek help to deal with the aftermath.

ACDC_fan
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:15 PM

I would still love my son, but to be completely honest, I would be disgusted and wouldn't try to get his name cleared. I was raped as a teenager and would be horrified if my own child did it to someone else. That's my honest opinion.

I agree, I can't even imagine how their parents must be feeling. 

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

I think I would feel very embarrassed and disappointed, but I don't know how far I would go to further shame my son. I certainly wouldn't defend my child for a crime of this nature. I cannot even imagine the pain, trauma and embarrassment the parents of these boys must be feeling. I hope that they all seek help to deal with the aftermath.

RobinChristine
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I wuld fullly cooperate with investigators. My son  would not find protection  me or DH

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:28 PM

But but. What if the girl was drunk? Then surely she shares part of the blame right? /S

I agree that it is disgusting that people were trying to cover it up though. I am glad members of Anonymous pushed the case to get the attention it got so that at least some of them got in trouble.

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I think we may see some adult prosecutions come from this case.

Let's hope this is not an isolated legal incident but instead a change in the tide of public opinion about these things.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Quoting NWP:

I think we may see some adult prosecutions come from this case.

Let's hope this is not an isolated legal incident but instead a change in the tide of public opinion about these things.

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:43 PM
I have boys, and I would not try to cover it up, but I wouldn't completely disown them. If they've done something like that, I'd have to look back at what we did that lead them to think it was acceptable. After they had served their time and paid their debt to society, they would be welcome in our home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)