Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Fox for the win!*

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:58 PM
  • 30 Replies
2 moms liked this

Surely irate that they might be outdone by CNN in the insensitve, umitigated jackass department, Fox "News" airs the name of the Steubenville victim.  Ensuring, once again, that no one can top them when it comes to just being a dick.

The victim is getting death threats now.  

* CNN, CBS....Seems they all did it.  WTF is wrong with these idiots?

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katy_kay08
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I must have missed it unless the "story" is that they aired the rapists apologies where one of them calls her by her first name.  

I would think that her identity would be well known among the school given the rapists very public broadcasting of their actions against her.  

ETA:  So that is what happened. 

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Faux news should be banned from broadcasting.

DisabledVet
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:30 PM

And I hope she sues the pants off them and they along with the others are prosecuting for breaking the law. Hey FCC do your job here!!!!!!

stormcris
by Christy on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:31 PM

That is illegal and they should be given the appropriate punishment for it.

JCB911
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I'm with Katy - I didn't hear her name. I heard a "beep" but a first name.  Can't say I'm too concerned over it how many people have that same first name?  And like katy said, I'm sure everyone knows sho she is.

And what a shitty apology from that one guy "I'm sorry there were pictures posted"  How about I'm sorry I did it, I'm sorry I allowed it to happen etc"

CafeMom Tickers

katy_kay08
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Based on other things I'm reading, Fox was not the only one that aired the clip without censoring out her first name.  

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Media fail on this one. Big time. Al Jazeera on the other hand is doing an amazing job covering this story. 

LizzieAnnesMom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Hope she gets a lawyer and sues
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JCB911
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I think CNN still wins for ass-iest coverage - "Oh those poor teen boys . . . "

A first name isn't that big of deal IMO.  and I'm sure if you really wanted to figure out who she was you could, with or without this coverage.

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Quoting katy_kay08:

I must have missed it unless the "story" is that they aired the rapists apologies where one of them calls her by her first name.  

I would think that her identity would be well known among the school given the rapists very public broadcasting of their actions against her.  

ETA:  So that is what happened. 

I never knew her name. And if she is getting death threats now I imagine lots of other people outside of the town/school didn't know her name either.

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN