Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Phobias *O/T*Fluff*

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:10 PM
  • 52 Replies

I am afraid of heights. So much so that just looking at this picture makes my legs turn to tingly jell-o and my stomach clench:

(That's the Willis Tower skydeck in Chicago, btw).

So what are you afraid of? Do you have phobias that are so bad that seeing a picture gives you chills?

Or are you awesomely unafraid? ;)

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperChicken
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Spiders.  Even pics, like you, give me the heebies.

SlingsAndThings
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Planes and flying.

Can't do it.  I'm at the point now that I cannot even pick people up at the airport.  Just seeing a plane freaks me out. 

We had to go to a funeral out in San Diego 2 years ago.  My husband wanted the 3 of us to just fly.

Nope, I made him pack up me and our 2 year old at the time and drive our happy butts from Missouri to California and back in less than a week.

I just can't do it.  I can't get on a plane.

Oh you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with those who are patient-

Al Quran 2-153

heydooney
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:15 PM

It's not a fear, necessarily, but...

heights don't bother me much. What creeps me out is being on the ground looking up at something tall like a flagpole or building. Or even standing in the middle of the floor looking at the ceiling, it makes me feel like I'm falling. I used to have to dust light covers when I worked cleaning offices and I'd have to pull a chair over and touch it at all times to keep myself "grounded" so I wouldn't feel like I was falling over.

stormcris
by Christy on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I do not have any phobias of which I am aware. 

krysstizzle
by DeepThought on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh my gosh. 

I never particularly liked flying. But lately, I've gotten this incredibly intense anxiety over flying. Just absolutely awful and horrifying anxiety. Which is really unfortunate, because I have a flight to Alaska this Saturday :/ And I have to fly at least 3 times a year or so for my job. 

I have no idea why this happened all of a sudden, but it's incredibly awful. I hate it, it's practically paralyzing.

I read online about this one guy that dealt with his fear of flying by always carrying a parachute with him as his carry on. I find that to be a completely logical and sensible thing to do. Seriously. :/

Quoting SlingsAndThings:

Planes and flying.

Can't do it.  I'm at the point now that I cannot even pick people up at the airport.  Just seeing a plane freaks me out. 

We had to go to a funeral out in San Diego 2 years ago.  My husband wanted the 3 of us to just fly.

Nope, I made him pack up me and our 2 year old at the time and drive our happy butts from Missouri to California and back in less than a week.

I just can't do it.  I can't get on a plane.

jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Moths. I hate the furry little fuckers.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Snakes and I am a bit of a claustrophobe.

btamilee
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

You all are going to think this is.....weird....but, I HATE popping balloons.  Scares the piss out of me....I don't like seeing it, or hearing it. 

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Water if I can't touch the bottom and have my head fully out of the water.

coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Reptiles...snakes, lizards, frogs. Totally irrational but I can't help it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)