Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

And so it begins, 2 girls arrested in Steubenville for threats

Posted by   + Show Post

Here is the latest in the Steubenville Ohio case.  http://news.msn.com/us/2-arrested-for-allegedly-threatening-steubenville-rape-victim

2 arrested for allegedly threatening Steubenville rape victim

WTOV9 reported that two juveniles were arrested for allegedly making threats against the victim in the Steubenville rape case.

Two juvenile girls have been arrested for allegedly threatening the victim in the Steubenville, Ohio, teen rape case.

Steubenville's WTOV9 reported that the two juveniles made the alleged threats on social media websites. According to WTOV9, they face aggravated menacing charges.

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine said the girls arrested Monday posted threatening Facebook and Twitter comments Sunday, the day the players were convicted in Steubenville. DeWine says the girls are being held in juvenile detention on allegations of aggravated menacing after an investigation by state and local authorities. They have not yet been charged.

According to CNN, the girls are both Steubenville residents. Jefferson County Sheriff Fred Abdalla told CNN that one of the girls threatened to beat the victim, and another threatened to kill her.

DeWine says he hopes the arrests end harassment of the alleged victim.

Speaking to the station, Steubenville police Chief Bill McCafferty said the girls were arrested about 4 p.m. Monday.

A judge sentenced the players to at least a year in juvenile prison. A grand jury will look into whether others broke the law by not speaking up after the attack last summer.

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Replies (111-116):
jeweldragons
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Under OH law if you don't report a crime you can be charged with a felony.  But there's a fucking loophole in the law.  You can only be charged with a crime if you KNEW a crime was happening. I still hope they charge every mother fucker at that party as well as the parents who let their kids drink alcohol at all three of these houses. 

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:23 PM

The little sick fuck in the video talking about the rape should be in jail as well.

Quoting jeweldragons:

Under OH law if you don't report a crime you can be charged with a felony.  But there's a fucking loophole in the law.  You can only be charged with a crime if you KNEW a crime was happening. I still hope they charge every mother fucker at that party as well as the parents who let their kids drink alcohol at all three of these houses. 

jeweldragons
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Quoting glitterteaz:

The little sick fuck in the video talking about the rape should be in jail as well.

Quoting jeweldragons:

Oh yes I agree with you. Charge that sick little fucker as well!
glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Just amazes me the fools who think what they did was "okay"

Quoting jeweldragons:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting jeweldragons:

Oh yes I agree with you. Charge that sick little fucker as well!

jeweldragons
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I just finished watching the 20/20 episode about this. Apparently the girl is from West Virginia and NOT OH.  She crossed state lines to go to these parties.  They mentioned at one of the houses the mother told everyone who wasn't sleeping over to leave.  The sad thing is the witnesses and those little fuckers think that it wasn't rape.  But under OH law it is rape.  They also mentioned how football players in this town are demigods.  I applaud the girl for managing to have Honor Roll status despite what these little shits did to her.  The OH State Attorney General hasn't decided yet if these kids will have to register as sex offenders according to what I just watched.  Then they also threw in something in the end about another rape case in some CT town.  It's really sad what our teenagers are doing in our country and thinking that sexting is A-OK to do. 

BuckeyezRule
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:16 AM

Sad. Kids don't think before they say and do or type stupid things. I'm glad the girls were arrested. Perhaps it will be a wake up call, you can't just post faceless threats. The person on the other end has no idea if you really mean it.

Hubby is from Martins Ferry, Ohio, just a short drive south of Steubenville. Of course, we've been in Steubenville a lot. IMO, the 20/20 episode made Trent look guilty and not remorseful, but Ma'lik appeared guilty, but remorseful. In his apology, he accepted blame, but apologized. Not saying that makes what he did okay. At all.

As a PARENT, I'll parent my kids. All these stupid, criminal moves kids make, gives me more to talk to with my not yet double digit kids.

I feel so bad for the victim. She was victimized that night, and continues to be because she 'dared' to speak about it. Sad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN