Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

And so it begins, 2 girls arrested in Steubenville for threats

Posted by   + Show Post

Here is the latest in the Steubenville Ohio case.  http://news.msn.com/us/2-arrested-for-allegedly-threatening-steubenville-rape-victim

2 arrested for allegedly threatening Steubenville rape victim

WTOV9 reported that two juveniles were arrested for allegedly making threats against the victim in the Steubenville rape case.

Two juvenile girls have been arrested for allegedly threatening the victim in the Steubenville, Ohio, teen rape case.

Steubenville's WTOV9 reported that the two juveniles made the alleged threats on social media websites. According to WTOV9, they face aggravated menacing charges.

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine said the girls arrested Monday posted threatening Facebook and Twitter comments Sunday, the day the players were convicted in Steubenville. DeWine says the girls are being held in juvenile detention on allegations of aggravated menacing after an investigation by state and local authorities. They have not yet been charged.

According to CNN, the girls are both Steubenville residents. Jefferson County Sheriff Fred Abdalla told CNN that one of the girls threatened to beat the victim, and another threatened to kill her.

DeWine says he hopes the arrests end harassment of the alleged victim.

Speaking to the station, Steubenville police Chief Bill McCafferty said the girls were arrested about 4 p.m. Monday.

A judge sentenced the players to at least a year in juvenile prison. A grand jury will look into whether others broke the law by not speaking up after the attack last summer.

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Replies (41-50):
valhallaarwen
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I am sure that would have been fine if the stupid media hadn't blasted her name all over the internet.  But she will be fine.  She won't suffer in silence.  She did the right thing.

Quoting MrsImperfect:

The poor girl will suffer for awhile. Probably have to move somewhere far away from this town and those people in order to have a decent life. I feel for her. And her parents.

MrsImperfect
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:01 PM
The media blasted her name? Thought they never reveal the victim. Geez. Thought maybe she would have a chance to start over where people dont know them.

Quoting valhallaarwen:

I am sure that would have been fine if the stupid media hadn't blasted her name all over the internet.  But she will be fine.  She won't suffer in silence.  She did the right thing.

Quoting MrsImperfect:

The poor girl will suffer for awhile. Probably have to move somewhere far away from this town and those people in order to have a decent life. I feel for her. And her parents.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tooptimistic
by Kelly on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:08 PM

good.

SuperChicken
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:40 PM

I'm so glad they were arrested.  

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

WHERE ARE THE FREAKING PARENTS??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

If my child ever acted like this kind of asshole.................

survivorinohio
by René on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:44 PM

They should be arrested. 

The girls parents should move her away.

db1au
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I just dont understand why people drink to the point of passing out and not remembering what happend.  I also don't understand people that will take advantage of someone in that state. 

A man from Alabama drove to Louisiana for the National Championship football game.  A LSU fan was passed out drunk, the man from Alabama pulled out his penis and rubbed it all over the drunk,  passed out man. 

I also can't understand the people who see whats happening and do nothing to stop it. 

This girl in OHIO was so drunk that she was passed out, what did the other people at the party do, they took video of it.  They posted videos online.  What kind of people are so sick that they think standing around and watching this happen is a good idea.  Why didn't at least one person at this party do something to help this poor girl.    Sickening

valhallaarwen
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:51 PM

CNN, Fox and another one showed one of the perps apologizing to the girl and her family and they didn't bleep her name.  I wasn't up when they showed the live video, but I heard about it.  They haven't repeated it then.

Quoting MrsImperfect:

The media blasted her name? Thought they never reveal the victim. Geez. Thought maybe she would have a chance to start over where people dont know them.

Quoting valhallaarwen:

Quoting MrsImperfect:

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:55 PM

It saddens me that teenage girls would threaten another teenage girl instead of supporting her during something like this.  Disgusting.

valhallaarwen
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Yeah, I remember when that happened her during the BCS bowl.  The boy was so drunk, his girlfriend left him there.  The Alabama guy rubbed his dick all over the guy's face and videotaped it and put it on youtube or facebook I believe.  There were some folks who blamed the restaurant for letting it happened, but if you know where the Krystal Burger is, I believe the incident happened upstairs because there a few seats downstairs. The employees are downstairs taking orders and cooking the food.  The Alabama guy got in trouble and was arrested, tried and I believe he is doing two years in jail.  I think he has to register, but I don't recall if he does.  So once again posting stuff on social media will get you in trouble and that is why he got in trouble. 

Folks want to bitch about taking god out of school, but shouldn't the parents do their job and parent.  They are the ones who teach morals at home and they are not.  Too many parents want friends not children.  They are the ones who should teach these, not teachers.  The parents are failing.  Now I know sometimes kids just don't listen even if the parents try, but I don't find that these parents in this case have done this. 

Quoting db1au:

I just dont understand why people drink to the point of passing out and not remembering what happend.  I also don't understand people that will take advantage of someone in that state. 

A man from Alabama drove to Louisiana for the National Championship football game.  A LSU fan was passed out drunk, the man from Alabama pulled out his penis and rubbed it all over the drunk,  passed out man. 

I also can't understand the people who see whats happening and do nothing to stop it. 

This girl in OHIO was so drunk that she was passed out, what did the other people at the party do, they took video of it.  They posted videos online.  What kind of people are so sick that they think standing around and watching this happen is a good idea.  Why didn't at least one person at this party do something to help this poor girl.    Sickening

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)