Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

decisions decisions (not a ce or ht lol)

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:37 PM
  • 5 Replies
Here are my choices:

1: play in the VNEA tournament in Vegas, which I'm sanctioned for and earned a spot (my team is 1st in our regional league). I can enter in my own division and play people my own skill level, but have to go alone.

2: Play in the BCA league tournament, which does not require being sanctioned. I can enter singles in my own division, but will have to enter the Masters for Scotch doubles since I don't have any games in the BCA. I would go with my partner.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
DisabledVet
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Perhaps you should put some background to this post because I haven't a clue as to what you're talking about.  And this is after googling it.

Having said that do what will give you the most enjoyment and satisfaction.

DisabledVet
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:44 PM

BTW what is CE and HT????  I googled that too with no results

Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Extra info: This is my first year playing in Vegas with the big boys. I should edit my op to say I wouldn't be alone at the VNEA. One of my teammates would go. However, my partner is a very experienced tournament and road player. This being my first experience, I am super nervous. I'm not nervous about the game, I'm nervous about not knowing where to be and when in a sea of thousands of people.
Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Current event and hot topic. Lol

Quoting DisabledVet:

BTW what is CE and HT????  I googled that too with no results

Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:48 PM
The vnea and bca are both huge pool leagues that host enormous tournaments in Vegas. I played vnea league this year, and this year my team is the top team in our regional leagues. We earned a spot in the big tourney in vegas. Usually if you're sanctioned you can just go, but in our region, the top team goes and represents.

Both will be awesome. My dilema is do I go play in the spot I earned, playing at my skill level, or do I go compete with my partner in the other league in the Masters open? I know if I go alone, there's a huge chance ill be annihilated (not because of lack of skill, but because of dishonest players who bag their average throughout the year so they can enter into lower divisions. Basically, Masters entering intermediate or sport levels to gain an edge over less skilled players). If I compete with my partner, there's a 99% chance we will be in the money, even playing in the Masters.

Quoting DisabledVet:

Perhaps you should put some background to this post because I haven't a clue as to what you're talking about.  And this is after googling it.

Having said that do what will give you the most enjoyment and satisfaction.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)