Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teen fatally shot when he mistakenly went into wrong house

Posted by   + Show Post

Teen fatally shot when he mistakenly went into wrong house

Family members hold photos of Caleb Gordley in Sterling, Va. (Associated Press/Ann Heisenfelt)

A 16-year-old who lived in Loudoun County, Va., was shot and killed when he accidentally entered the wrong house.

Caleb Gordley, a popular athlete who had been living in a brick house with his parents and sister for about a year, sneaked out of his house to go to a party with friends after he'd been grounded for not cleaning his room.

When he returned around 2 a.m. he slipped into the house he thought was his. Friends said he had been drinking and mistook his neighbor's similar house two doors down for his own and climbed in through the back window.

When the burglar alarm sounded, the homeowner treated Caleb as an intruder, and shot and killed him.

Caleb's father, Shawn Gordley, told The Washington Post, "They have the exact same staircase as us, the exact same carpet. Caleb clearly thought he was in his own house." He added, "He probably stumbled around and was just trying to go to his room."

At Sterling Park High school in Sterling, Va., students mourned the loss of a talented athlete. The coach of the basketball team, Mike Koscinski, who had advanced Caleb to varsity this year, said of the junior, "He was the hype man. He got everyone hyped up before games."

A statement from the family reads, "Between the darkness and him being under the influence of alcohol, his mistake turned into the ultimate tragedy."

Police are continuing to investigate the shooting, but Virginia law gives "wide latitude to people who fear for their safety when someone breaks into their homes," according to The Washington Post.

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Replies (201-210):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:00 PM

You could easily kill him with these items (don't forget you're adrenaline would be rushing fast). So as to your earlier reply that nobody dies in your country when an intruder is confronted by the homeowner....really isn't true.

Quoting canadianmom1974:

Depending on where I am in the house when I encounter him, a knife, a bat, golf club, various heavy objects I can throw (I'm picturing from the top of the stairs), my fists, feet, teeth. And of course my brain - in thinking my first line of defense in that situation would be to utilise a fire escape route and get the heck out.
Quoting EireLass:

I remembered you're on mobile...that's why no ads for you. Maybe someone can tell me how to get rid of them.I have 3 dogs. They'd bark to alert me as well. We've been training dogs for 25 years, and I would never assume my dogs to attack."I defend myself with whatever means I have....." What are those means? What do you use?We don't have police in this town. Very small town of 900. If we waited for the police, we'd be dead.

Quoting canadianmom1974:

I don't see the ads, sorry. Ok, after I wonder what someone has against me that the want me dead ... if my dog hasn't turned them away/ripped their throat out (he's not for protection, but he is very protective, he even tries butting in/barks when hubby wrestles with the kids), I defend myself with whatever means I have until police show up. In my home the dog barking would have woken us, and we'd have called 911, so even if the person harmed the dog and kept coming I wouldn't have long to wait for police. Especially since they just relocated the police station a couple blocks away from my house. They could walk over in about 2 minutes.
Quoting EireLass:

Any idea how to get rid of that row of ads on the right side of the screen? It covers the text. When someone breaks into your home and you're there, you don't know what their intent was/is until it happens. So if someone's intent was to rape or kill you...what do you do?

Quoting canadianmom1974:

It entirely depends on the people involved, and of course what type of ill intent. Do they want my stuff or do they want to harm me? Honestly though I can only think of maybe 2 or 3 occasions where a home invasion type thing occurred in the 20 years I've lived here - and that sort of thing is always big news because of it's rarity. In those 2 or 3 occasions there have been minor injuries at most. PS - I'm on mobile so I can't trim the tree, sorry :-(
Quoting EireLass:

I guess it really just depends on where a person lives, and what their lifestyle is. Where I used to live (a year ago), I believe we were the only ones with guns on our street. Where I live now...very small farm town. There are only 5 homes on my street. I've only met 1 neighbor...we've become very friendly. He does not have a gun. He is a hunter, and has only ever used a bow and arrow. So even in the environment I live in - the people I would expect to own, don't necessarily see the need. I've never put alot of thought into who does and who does not have a gun (and I don't know why that is). My husband keeps a rifle loaded in the dining room. We have animals, and live in an area of coyote, mountain lions, bear, etc. It's there for the quick stop of the animal. (I have a wrist injury and am not able to use the rifle. I have a handgun.) He thinks when I go out walking, I should carry a gun, for such instances. I don't. I've never locked my house, and have always kept my key in my car. Everywhere I've lived. I've always had the option of living in safe areas. I've never lived in fear. My stuff, is just stuff. In your area...if someone breaks in with ill intent and the owners are sleeping...how does the story end?

Quoting canadianmom1974:

Is there not a huge controversy about gun control in your country right now? Gun ownership IS a part of American culture. I didn't say everyone owns one, but that for almost anyone who WANTS to own one, it is accepted and normal. You may not be used to open carry laws, but I'm sure that it is not unusual for you to assume that your neighbour owns a gun, or that the woman next to you in line at the store may have a gun at home, or in her purse if she has a permit to carry a concealed weapon. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that any American would assume their neighbour may own a gun. Very few Canadians would think the same. The people I know who own guns do so mainly for hunting and live mainly in rural areas. I am relatively certain none of my neighbours own guns, though admittedly I don't know them well. For safety in my own life? I buckle up every time I'm in a vehicle. I usually lock my doors at night - though that's more for the safety of my stuff than my person. Honestly I don't go crazy with worrying or fear, I live in what's termed 'the core' (downtown, inner city, etc) area of my city, yet I regularly walk to and from my job, often late at night. At the end of the day, if this story happens in my city, it has a different ending. Maybe not an 'and they all lived happily ever after' ending, but nobody dies.
Quoting EireLass:

I think you hear about a gun story, and it's assumed it's a 'cultural thing'. There are 8 in my family. There are only 2 of us with a gun. I don't think 'everyone' owns a gun. You're taking things out of context from the news report. You're writing it as if some guy walked up to his neighbor teen and open fired on him. I've recently moved to where I live now. It's legal to open carry....anywhere. I find that odd, it's not what I've ever been used to. I also know if I were in a grocery, pharmacy, etc, and someone walked in with a gun....I would leave immediately. Everyone lives a different lifestyle. What things in your life do you do for safety's sake?

Quoting canadianmom1974:

Actually I never said anything about pro or anti gun, nor did I say anything at all about police or military. I'm not sure where you pulled that from. What I was talking about is the culture in the US where it is accepted and normal for almost anyone who wants, to own a gun. That is certainly not the norm here. And the people I know who do own guns (yes, I know gun owners) have not been brought up in that culture where shooting an unarmed teen is excused with 'he must feel awful'.
Quoting EireLass:

If there are Americans who hate guns.....well, right in this post if you pay attention.....how does being Americans make someone pro-gun? You don't believe police and military should have guns?

Quoting canadianmom1974:

American? You are American right?
Quoting EireLass:

What is my culture? hahahahahaha

Quoting canadianmom1974:

It's not the way I or anyone I know would react, so hardly 'anyone'. But again, that's part of your culture, it's not surprising to me. Saddening, but not surprising.
Quoting EireLass:

It isn't a shoot first ask questions later situation. He didn't shoot first. The kid broke in first. He reacted as someone who has someone breaking into his home in the middle of the night. Time doesn't wait. He reacted the same way anyone would react to a non-resident climbing in a window. Why would anyone wait around for introductions, which might involve weapons on the others part?

Quoting canadianmom1974:

You appear to know more than what is in the OP, it says nothing about a verbal warning or a warning shot. And either way we agree he didn't know who or what he was shooting at. You, having been raised in a culture where this is normal and acceptable, has no problem with it. I, not having been raised in that same culture, have a big problem with it. At any rate, I do not and will never understand a shoot first mentality. I find it incomprehensible and irresponsible.
Quoting DSamuels:

I am NOT telling you he knew he was firing at, but you seem to think you know. Either you have reading comprehension difficulties or you're obtuse. Someone who set off a house alarm at 2am, ignores a warning shot and/or verbal warning is usually there with malicious intent. If it was a friend or family, the first thing they would be saying is who they are, and telling you not to shoot. 

Quoting canadianmom1974:

So are you telling me he knew exactly who and what he was firing at? I hope not because that would mean he purposefully shot a stupid unarmed teenager. I'm saying he obviously DIDN'T know what he was shooting at, but in his frightened, half asleep (as described by another poster) state, he was shouting blindly. How is that right?
Quoting DSamuels:

Oh, I didn't know you were an eyewitness to the shooting. You seem to know EXACTLY what happened and why the homeowner fired his gun. SMH

Quoting canadianmom1974:

Morally, ethically wrong? He may not have known the boy wasn't there with malicious intent, but he didn't know he was there with malicious intent. Shooting without knowing who or what you're shooting at is, at best irresponsible, and at worst criminal in my opinion.
Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Morally and ethically what? If they knew he was not there for malicious intent and shot him anyway then I would be on your side with this. But they didn't. All they knew was at 2 am someone broke in their house. They were probably barely awake and panicked. They probably feel awful about what happened.

Quoting canadianmom1974:

Ridiculous. A kid made a stupid mistake and is now dead. Legally that homeowner may not have done anything wrong, but morally, ethically? I wonder how hard it is to live with the knowledge you shot an innocent person?

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:11 PM
If you're not on mobile can you please trim the tree?

Ok, I phrased it wrong, if it happens here someone rarely dies.

It is a LOT easier to kill with a gun than a knife, bat, fist for the average, untrained person. Even with adrenaline I'm much less likely to kill an intruder with a dresser drawer or lamp thrown down the stairs than by shooting at them, particularly dependent on the gun.

I think your assertion of 'easily' should be unluckily kill him.

Quoting EireLass:

You could easily kill him with these items (don't forget you're adrenaline would be rushing fast). So as to your earlier reply that nobody dies in your country when an intruder is confronted by the homeowner....really isn't true.

Quoting canadianmom1974:

Depending on where I am in the house when I encounter him, a knife, a bat, golf club, various heavy objects I can throw (I'm picturing from the top of the stairs), my fists, feet, teeth. And of course my brain - in thinking my first line of defense in that situation would be to utilise a fire escape route and get the heck out.

Quoting EireLass:

I remembered you're on mobile...that's why no ads for you. Maybe someone can tell me how to get rid of them.I have 3 dogs. They'd bark to alert me as well. We've been training dogs for 25 years, and I would never assume my dogs to attack."I defend myself with whatever means I have....." What are those means? What do you use?We don't have police in this town. Very small town of 900. If we waited for the police, we'd be dead.

Quoting canadianmom1974:

I don't see the ads, sorry. Ok, after I wonder what someone has against me that the want me dead ... if my dog hasn't turned them away/ripped their throat out (he's not for protection, but he is very protective, he even tries butting in/barks when hubby wrestles with the kids), I defend myself with whatever means I have until police show up. In my home the dog barking would have woken us, and we'd have called 911, so even if the person harmed the dog and kept coming I wouldn't have long to wait for police. Especially since they just relocated the police station a couple blocks away from my house. They could walk over in about 2 minutes.

Quoting EireLass:

Any idea how to get rid of that row of ads on the right side of the screen? It covers the text. When someone breaks into your home and you're there, you don't know what their intent was/is until it happens. So if someone's intent was to rape or kill you...what do you do?

Quoting canadianmom1974:

It entirely depends on the people involved, and of course what type of ill intent. Do they want my stuff or do they want to harm me? Honestly though I can only think of maybe 2 or 3 occasions where a home invasion type thing occurred in the 20 years I've lived here - and that sort of thing is always big news because of it's rarity. In those 2 or 3 occasions there have been minor injuries at most. PS - I'm on mobile so I can't trim the tree, sorry :-(
Quoting EireLass:

I guess it really just depends on where a person lives, and what their lifestyle is. Where I used to live (a year ago), I believe we were the only ones with guns on our street. Where I live now...very small farm town. There are only 5 homes on my street. I've only met 1 neighbor...we've become very friendly. He does not have a gun. He is a hunter, and has only ever used a bow and arrow. So even in the environment I live in - the people I would expect to own, don't necessarily see the need. I've never put alot of thought into who does and who does not have a gun (and I don't know why that is). My husband keeps a rifle loaded in the dining room. We have animals, and live in an area of coyote, mountain lions, bear, etc. It's there for the quick stop of the animal. (I have a wrist injury and am not able to use the rifle. I have a handgun.) He thinks when I go out walking, I should carry a gun, for such instances. I don't. I've never locked my house, and have always kept my key in my car. Everywhere I've lived. I've always had the option of living in safe areas. I've never lived in fear. My stuff, is just stuff. In your area...if someone breaks in with ill intent and the owners are sleeping...how does the story end?

Quoting canadianmom1974:

Is there not a huge controversy about gun control in your country right now? Gun ownership IS a part of American culture. I didn't say everyone owns one, but that for almost anyone who WANTS to own one, it is accepted and normal. You may not be used to open carry laws, but I'm sure that it is not unusual for you to assume that your neighbour owns a gun, or that the woman next to you in line at the store may have a gun at home, or in her purse if she has a permit to carry a concealed weapon. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that any American would assume their neighbour may own a gun. Very few Canadians would think the same. The people I know who own guns do so mainly for hunting and live mainly in rural areas. I am relatively certain none of my neighbours own guns, though admittedly I don't know them well. For safety in my own life? I buckle up every time I'm in a vehicle. I usually lock my doors at night - though that's more for the safety of my stuff than my person. Honestly I don't go crazy with worrying or fear, I live in what's termed 'the core' (downtown, inner city, etc) area of my city, yet I regularly walk to and from my job, often late at night. At the end of the day, if this story happens in my city, it has a different ending. Maybe not an 'and they all lived happily ever after' ending, but nobody dies.
Quoting EireLass:

I think you hear about a gun story, and it's assumed it's a 'cultural thing'. There are 8 in my family. There are only 2 of us with a gun. I don't think 'everyone' owns a gun. You're taking things out of context from the news report. You're writing it as if some guy walked up to his neighbor teen and open fired on him. I've recently moved to where I live now. It's legal to open carry....anywhere. I find that odd, it's not what I've ever been used to. I also know if I were in a grocery, pharmacy, etc, and someone walked in with a gun....I would leave immediately. Everyone lives a different lifestyle. What things in your life do you do for safety's sake?

Quoting canadianmom1974:

Actually I never said anything about pro or anti gun, nor did I say anything at all about police or military. I'm not sure where you pulled that from. What I was talking about is the culture in the US where it is accepted and normal for almost anyone who wants, to own a gun. That is certainly not the norm here. And the people I know who do own guns (yes, I know gun owners) have not been brought up in that culture where shooting an unarmed teen is excused with 'he must feel awful'.
Quoting EireLass:

If there are Americans who hate guns.....well, right in this post if you pay attention.....how does being Americans make someone pro-gun? You don't believe police and military should have guns?

Quoting canadianmom1974:

American? You are American right?
Quoting EireLass:

What is my culture? hahahahahaha

Quoting canadianmom1974:

It's not the way I or anyone I know would react, so hardly 'anyone'. But again, that's part of your culture, it's not surprising to me. Saddening, but not surprising.
Quoting EireLass:

It isn't a shoot first ask questions later situation. He didn't shoot first. The kid broke in first. He reacted as someone who has someone breaking into his home in the middle of the night. Time doesn't wait. He reacted the same way anyone would react to a non-resident climbing in a window. Why would anyone wait around for introductions, which might involve weapons on the others part?

Quoting canadianmom1974:

You appear to know more than what is in the OP, it says nothing about a verbal warning or a warning shot. And either way we agree he didn't know who or what he was shooting at. You, having been raised in a culture where this is normal and acceptable, has no problem with it. I, not having been raised in that same culture, have a big problem with it. At any rate, I do not and will never understand a shoot first mentality. I find it incomprehensible and irresponsible.
Quoting DSamuels:

I am NOT telling you he knew he was firing at, but you seem to think you know. Either you have reading comprehension difficulties or you're obtuse. Someone who set off a house alarm at 2am, ignores a warning shot and/or verbal warning is usually there with malicious intent. If it was a friend or family, the first thing they would be saying is who they are, and telling you not to shoot. 

Quoting canadianmom1974:

So are you telling me he knew exactly who and what he was firing at? I hope not because that would mean he purposefully shot a stupid unarmed teenager. I'm saying he obviously DIDN'T know what he was shooting at, but in his frightened, half asleep (as described by another poster) state, he was shouting blindly. How is that right?
Quoting DSamuels:

Oh, I didn't know you were an eyewitness to the shooting. You seem to know EXACTLY what happened and why the homeowner fired his gun. SMH

Quoting canadianmom1974:

Morally, ethically wrong? He may not have known the boy wasn't there with malicious intent, but he didn't know he was there with malicious intent. Shooting without knowing who or what you're shooting at is, at best irresponsible, and at worst criminal in my opinion.
Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Morally and ethically what? If they knew he was not there for malicious intent and shot him anyway then I would be on your side with this. But they didn't. All they knew was at 2 am someone broke in their house. They were probably barely awake and panicked. They probably feel awful about what happened.

Quoting canadianmom1974:

Ridiculous. A kid made a stupid mistake and is now dead. Legally that homeowner may not have done anything wrong, but morally, ethically? I wonder how hard it is to live with the knowledge you shot an innocent person?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:23 PM

When there's a 'bad guy' coming at me with intent to kill....I would easily kill him, not unluckily. It would be unlucky for me if I didn't.

There are alot of people who've never shot a gun - even though they may have one at their disposal.....maybe it belongs to the spouse or someone else in the home. Out of fear, they freeze, the perp comes closer and closer. A knive, bat, fist, ect. would work just as well.

Quoting canadianmom1974:

It is a LOT easier to kill with a gun than a knife, bat, fist for the average, untrained person. Even with adrenaline I'm much less likely to kill an intruder with a dresser drawer or lamp thrown down the stairs than by shooting at them, particularly dependent on the gun.

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting canadianmom1974:

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:37 PM
You say easily, maybe for you, not for me. I feel it would be unlucky if I killed someone I meant only to hold off the short time it would take police to arrive.

At any rate, this has completely gotten away from the op so I'm out. We both know what the other would do in this situation, I don't know what's left to be said. Have a good weekend.

Quoting EireLass:

When there's a 'bad guy' coming at me with intent to kill....I would easily kill him, not unluckily. It would be unlucky for me if I didn't.

There are alot of people who've never shot a gun - even though they may have one at their disposal.....maybe it belongs to the spouse or someone else in the home. Out of fear, they freeze, the perp comes closer and closer. A knive, bat, fist, ect. would work just as well.

Quoting canadianmom1974:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting canadianmom1974:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Damn no warning.  Trigger happy asshole I hope he sees what he has done.

Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:47 PM

If someone was troubled in your family and died would you want to remember them as being troubled or as how they were before? 

Remember he was shot there was no overdose.

Quoting furbabymum:

My DH is always commenting on the media's smart usage of pictures. We had a drug related shooting in our town and the picture of the guy who was killed was like his senior picture. Looked like a real nice kid. You go to his facebook page and you could certainly tell he was on meth just from looking at him. It's funny how they didn't use that picture.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I agree.

We don't know what happened prior to the shooting.  Maybe the boy panicked and charged in a direction towards someone?  Maybe he got scared and being drunk acted aggressively?

Yes, there are homeowners who will shoot on sight anything that goes bump in the night.  But most trained with proper gun use won't just shoot.  However, when they do shoot, they'll shoot to kill.  

It does sound like the boy's family is at least acknowledging it was stupid decisions that led to this tragedy.  Let his story be a lesson for others who plan to sneak out drinking underage.

I guess one thing that bothers me so greatly about the media though is that they use all these pictures showing these kids as young children.   Whenever a teen is killed like this, we hear how they were great kids, absolute angels, we're shown these pictures of them before puberty.  If all these kids were such sweet angels, they wouldn't be in these situations, kwim?  Not every teen that is gunned down is an angel.  Some are in gangs.  Some are robbers or rapists.  Some teens are just bad eggs for a variety of tragic reasons.

I'm going to withold judgement on the homeowner for now.  I can say for my part, if I saw a person entering my home through a window in the middle of the night I would be prepared to use deadly force on him, be it a gun, a baseball bat, a sword, or anything I could.  If the situation permitted, I'd try to warn him off first.  But if not, I'd preserve my life and the lives of my children before asking questions.

I guess what I picture in my head is the homeowner saying something, the boy getting startled and running in the wrong direction.  The man shoots, thinking the boy is charging.  A tragic end to a night of bad decisions.

Quoting Sagely:

Very sad. Taking the story at face value though, the homeowner did no wrong. It was just a very, very unfortunate situation.

If someone breaks into my home, I do not intend to make sure they are there with ill intent before I take action to protect my family.

That said, while I do feel the homeowner was totally justified, I imagine he must feel completely devastated to learn the boy's entry was accidental and not malicious in nature.

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:51 PM

We aren't talking family though. We are talking the media.

Obviously when I've had family die from cancer and other diseases we didn't put pictures up of them wasting away but happy ones.

I was just using the meth shooting as an example. The pictures they put of the shooter were obviously current but the dead guy was his high school pic. It was so biased!

I'm not implying in any way that he deserved to be shot or that he was a bad kid or anything like that. Just pointing out media bias.

Quoting Citygirlk:

If someone was troubled in your family and died would you want to remember them as being troubled or as how they were before? 

Remember he was shot there was no overdose.

Quoting furbabymum:

My DH is always commenting on the media's smart usage of pictures. We had a drug related shooting in our town and the picture of the guy who was killed was like his senior picture. Looked like a real nice kid. You go to his facebook page and you could certainly tell he was on meth just from looking at him. It's funny how they didn't use that picture.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I agree.

We don't know what happened prior to the shooting.  Maybe the boy panicked and charged in a direction towards someone?  Maybe he got scared and being drunk acted aggressively?

Yes, there are homeowners who will shoot on sight anything that goes bump in the night.  But most trained with proper gun use won't just shoot.  However, when they do shoot, they'll shoot to kill.  

It does sound like the boy's family is at least acknowledging it was stupid decisions that led to this tragedy.  Let his story be a lesson for others who plan to sneak out drinking underage.

I guess one thing that bothers me so greatly about the media though is that they use all these pictures showing these kids as young children.   Whenever a teen is killed like this, we hear how they were great kids, absolute angels, we're shown these pictures of them before puberty.  If all these kids were such sweet angels, they wouldn't be in these situations, kwim?  Not every teen that is gunned down is an angel.  Some are in gangs.  Some are robbers or rapists.  Some teens are just bad eggs for a variety of tragic reasons.

I'm going to withold judgement on the homeowner for now.  I can say for my part, if I saw a person entering my home through a window in the middle of the night I would be prepared to use deadly force on him, be it a gun, a baseball bat, a sword, or anything I could.  If the situation permitted, I'd try to warn him off first.  But if not, I'd preserve my life and the lives of my children before asking questions.

I guess what I picture in my head is the homeowner saying something, the boy getting startled and running in the wrong direction.  The man shoots, thinking the boy is charging.  A tragic end to a night of bad decisions.

Quoting Sagely:

Very sad. Taking the story at face value though, the homeowner did no wrong. It was just a very, very unfortunate situation.

If someone breaks into my home, I do not intend to make sure they are there with ill intent before I take action to protect my family.

That said, while I do feel the homeowner was totally justified, I imagine he must feel completely devastated to learn the boy's entry was accidental and not malicious in nature.

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:08 PM

This is very sad. What's worse, I am not surprised. People are so ready to shoot first and ask questions later. SMH

btamilee
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:54 PM

The problem with that is......your own life could be taken if you stand around and ask the person breaking into your house at  2 am if they are there to play a game of cribbage...

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

This is very sad. What's worse, I am not surprised. People are so ready to shoot first and ask questions later. SMH

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Like the abortion "debates" on here, I find the topic of owning guns to protect the house to be equivalent to  beating a dead horse to death. I have made this argument so many times with people like you (no offense intended, truly!!!)  even "I" am sick and tired of hearing myself.......

Enjoy the thread btamilee!

Quoting btamilee:

The problem with that is......your own life could be taken if you stand around and ask the person breaking into your house at  2 am if they are there to play a game of cribbage...

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured