Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Looking for love? Why not try the prison personals?

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:08 PM
  • 19 Replies

Christon Tucker
Christon Tucker
In his Write a Prisoner profile, 31-year-old North Carolina Department of Corrections inmate Christon Tucker says, "Don't let my incarceration discourage you from contacting me or represent the content of my character." He goes on to describe himself as "a man with high hopes for the future" who is seeking open-minded individuals to correspond with.

Tucker was given a life sentence in November 2009 of the murder of 23-year-old Tiffany Knight. According to court testimony, Tucker and Knight had dated for about a month before the relationship turned sour. After arguing over the phone, Tucker showed up at Knight's apartment. When she let him in, he shot her in the face in front of her 4-year-old daughter. Still alive, she fled to the bedroom, where he shot her two more times. Knight's daughter, 6 at the time of the trial, testified that Tucker told her, "I'm coming for you next" before leaving the apartment.

Crystal Boler
Crystal Boler
Texas prisoner Crystal Boler, 34, describes herself as a "straight forward, compassionate, loving, ambitious, loyal and trustworthy woman." She says that before prison, she had experience with floral and interior design, and is working on her bachelor's degree in business. She concludes her self-summary with, "The warmth of good company is like the sunit cheers the heartit brightens the day."

In March 2003, Crystal and her husband, DeShone Boler, were both charged with the shooting death of 22-year-old Emily Garrison. According to court testimony, Garrison, two months pregnant, was involved with DeShone and had been making harassing phone calls to Crystal. On March 17, police discovered Garrison's body in a pool of blood inside the residence, while her 3-year-old daughter cried outside. The charges against DeShone were dropped; Crystal pleaded guilty and was sentenced to life.
Dana Sue Gray
Dana Sue Gray
On her profile, Dana Sue Gray, 54, does not hesitate in revealing her crimes to potential pen pals: "I am a convicted serial killer serving a life sentence at Chowchilla Correctional Women's Facility, California." However, she seeks someone who is willing to discover the person beyond the criminal, saying "I have a great sense of humor and enjoy intellectual conversation. There's more to talk about than crime. "

In 1994, Gray murdered three elderly women, two of whom she knew. After killing the women, she robbed them and used the money to support her shopping addiction.

Jody Carr
Jody Carr
Idaho inmate Jody Carr, 39, writes in his profile, "The loneliness is getting to me so I'm seeking friends through this profile." A former construction company owner, he says, "I love the finer things in life like gourmet food, good win (sic) and even the opera. No, I'm not gay!"

In 2006, Carr was sentenced to life in prison for the 2004 murder of 31-year-old Sheri Bookshier. According to court testimony, Carr met Bookshier at a bar and the two drove to a secluded area for sex. After Bookshier got out of Carr's SUV, he ran her over twice. He came back the next day to make sure he didn't leave any evidence behind, and ran over Bookshier a third time to make sure she was dead. He then moved his family to California, but was arrested and brought back to Idaho to stand trial.
Kelly Farley
Kelly Farley
Kelly Farley, 43, is seeking a penpal to communicate with during his time at Coleman Federal Correctional Complex in Florida. He asks prospective penpals to "please send a picture of yourself so I can envision you on the other end of the letters."

At 37, Farley was a family man. With five children already, he and his wife were expecting a sixth. However, Farley's passion for children was not limited to fatherhood. According to court documents, he had expressed a desire to have sexual contact with girls who were "still innocent, but starting to bud a little." Farley began to frequent online chatrooms, where he met "Stephanie," the mother of an eleven year old girl and set about convincing the woman to not only allow him to molest her daughter, but to participate as well. After hours of conversation and planning, Farley booked a ticket from his home city of Dallas to Atlanta, where "Stephanie" lived. Farley's perverted plan never came to fruition, however, because "Stephanie" turned out to be Detective Joanne Southerland, who was conducting a sting operation as a member of the FBI's "Safe Child" task force. Farley was charged with crossing state lines with intent to engage in sexual acts with a person under twelve, and with using the internet to knowingly attempt to persuade, induce, entice, and coerce a person under the age of eighteen to engage in sexual activity. He is up for release in 2033.

More here:

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:09 PM

errr....no... just... no

TerriAnne2606
My Jamberry Nails - go to http://TexasTerri.Jamberrynails.net to find out more!
Today at 10:15 AM
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Oh my.  Why do they (prison officials) allow that?  Just a question. 

survivorinohio
by René on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I understand why inmates are permitted and even need to have penpal.  I think that friending a criminal could be a beneficial charitable action for a person who had the time, however I cannot imagine having a romantic relationship with an inmate.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Healthystart30
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Seem like nice people.
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:09 PM

0_0

inspain
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:31 PM

No thanks.  These people have all fallen off the map of potential anythings as far as I'm convcerned.

ashleighmama
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Hell no!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Why do Any of these people have internet privileges?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this
In all the wrong places-
nikisazombie
by Nikki on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Nope. Even if I were not married. Nope.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)