Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
God Bless you all

Hello my name is Mayra I believe in God our king im happily married and i have one daughter named Alexandra she is 3 years old. I am new to this group i would like to get to know new people that have same believes as me. Enough about me tell me about your self.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Replies (21-30):
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Oh, ok. I understand now. That is very interesting.

Quoting Sekirei:

No.... I am Asatru. I follow the Nordic path and gods. The marvel character is based on those gods, but is not an accurate representation. (Though, i do love the character) 

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

You worhip a ficional god from a movie?

Quoting Sekirei:

Nope, I do worship Loki, the All Father, Freya, Hela and the rest. Loki is my patron

romalove
by Roma on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:28 AM
4 moms liked this

Well, welcome to the group, even though you only want to get to know people that have the same beliefs as you.

That excludes me.

KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Is that true OP? Do you only wish to engage with other moms who are like-minded? If so, I suggest you find the spritial, faith- based groups and visit those....there is less variety there.
TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi, Mayra!  Welcome. 

Old Mom here.  Still have teens though, even though I DID get the SENIOR CITIZEN discount at the auto shop for the first time a couple of weeks ago.  My husband laughed -he's younger.  But hey, I saved $20!

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:39 PM

You are a Messianic Jew?  AWESOME!

Praise the Lord!

Quoting KamWorthy:

Hi! Nice to meet you, and welcome. I'm Messianic Jew, follower of the one true savior, Yeshua. I hope you find like-minded individuals to engage with. You most likely will come across much protest if you are bold about your faith....just a little FYI. Blessings, shalom! I have two children, nearly grown, and that is about all I share on sites like this.

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Where did she say that?  I didn't see that.  Nor did I take her original post that way, except in the most general sense of looking to find other Moms who are raising young children in order to have conversations.  I certainly didn't see anywhere where she indicated she wasn't interested in talking to people with different perspectives!

Quoting romalove:

Well, welcome to the group, even though you only want to get to know people that have the same beliefs as you.

That excludes me.

romalove
by Roma on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Did you read her post???

Quoting TranquilMind:

Where did she say that?  I didn't see that.  Nor did I take her original post that way, except in the most general sense of looking to find other Moms who are raising young children in order to have conversations.  I certainly didn't see anywhere where she indicated she wasn't interested in talking to people with different perspectives!

Quoting romalove:

That excludes me.

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi, nice to meet you.

I have two daughters, 23 and 21, who both happily support themselves in their own homes.

We're atheist Canadians. Welcome to the group, I'm sure you'll find all kinds of people who agree and disagree with what you believe.

Right now, I believe I'll have some more tea.

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Well, yes...but I have been interrupted here and there.  I'm going to go read it again now!

Edited:  Ok, I read it again.  I just didn't interpret it as being exclusionary.  Sure, she'd like to meet people with the same beliefs....and as a Messianic Jew, that's probably not as easy.  But I didn't take it to mean that she is uninterested in communicating with everyone else. 

Time will tell, I guess.  But I took it as I would take it from any new member - "hey, I'd like to meet people in my situation, but I'm happy to talk to all of you!"

Quoting romalove:

Did you read her post???

Quoting TranquilMind:

Quoting romalove:

That excludes me.

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:50 PM
4 moms liked this
Welcome to the group but wow way to put off a big part of the group. There are some wonderful ladies in this group that don't have the same beliefs as you. It will be your loss to not be open to get to know them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN