Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Explain why the Pope is closer to God then you think I can be?

Posted by   + Show Post
Worshiping a man, albeit the pope, seems in conflict with the teachings of Moses. That shall not worship false idols.

In Jesus's own words did he not say. I am the way and the light?

Isn't it contradictory to worship the teachings of Christ while giving a earthy man so much credit?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:22 AM
Replies (161-165):
she_walk_softly
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:00 PM

There is nobody between me and God.

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Quoting blurp:

Jesse Duplantis
Web site: Jesse Duplantis Ministries

Jesse Duplantis is a dynamic evangelist who has traveled throughout the world since 1978 preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He is the founder of Jesse Duplantis Ministries (JDM), which has its International Headquarters in America and additional offices in the United Kingdom and Australia.
Read more...

Please tell me you don't think this story is true? 

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:24 PM

ABSOLUTELY!

Quoting loverbug75:

Please don't be defensive but in my opinion it's this confessional system with the priests that protected the child molesters in the church. They asked for forgiveness from there peers and it was given. This made them feel that they were forgiven by God, the highest power so why should they turn themselves into the police, or tell the child's parents. I KNOW not every catholic priest is a pedophile. Of course not! But there is a culture of it within the church.

KKmommy3
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I don't think people "worship " the pope.

He is the head of the catholic church, not a god.  

Like Obama is the president of the country, not a king, not a god.  

blurp
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:18 PM

What is said is from the bible, not all of it is taken literally.  I decide when I think it's enough.  For this fun life to see what is done for neighbor to neighbor  or sharing, or niceness, or but I see it as what's in this life is only high tech, ...ex;  the internet, cable, or very rich people doing anything since they control the real estate, and politics.

THIS ! is the reason I believe in the next life.  

We are in a corrupt, and culpible gulible, excess very rich, very  poor society, and Jesus said you'll always have the poor among you.  

TO me -- it's a reality check, not for me to compete in it, but to be the most patient I can be with the little I am given.

Quoting Raintree:

Who slipped the mushrooms into my morning earl grey, because I have no idea what was said below.

Um... I guess I prefer to enjoy this one life, rather than wait for the good stuff to happen in the next.

Quoting blurp:

We are looking forward to when we are with a leader a king, and our savior, if it's not for your lifestyle, than at least it can be treasured... for our next life after this one.   If we have Jesus as savior now, and we are given life, and it's promised forever into eternity..those aren't just words, or typing, it's a real promise, and I suppose when we learn this going to church in early childhood it's engrained within our spirits and our happy places in our minds to recall whenever we can not see, from the blinds of this world's hatred or lies, or just this system.   IT's corrupted.

So even if he's leading us to him, God knows that bowing isn't necessary, it's a state of being led.

I believe I've bowed to other things in no hesitation to giving thought and in facing dangers .  So if being led or bowing to God who cares for me is right, then I'll pick that instead.  I've got that choice. so.  I do it.   That is what is meant not literally bowing.  as we may imagine lowering our posture.   (((A state of being led. only. ( for our benefit, health, and love. ))))

Quoting Raintree:

jumping in right here for a moment-

Will credit god for what?

the bible was written for our enjoyment and positive promises? I don't think so, just based on what most of the bible talks about. But leaving the larger explanation of that alone and looking at the sentence following- How is being forced into bowing and confessing something positive or enjoyable?

Quoting blurp:

well it's already been written anyways.  I'm not perfect, not saying the time is ready or not for the churches to be shown the mighty king with his new city jerusalem, all made up,... ready for the bride...

but one thing is for sure.. we are all sinners and all on this earth including those in the past who've died will credit God. 

The bible was written for our enjoyment and positive promises.  When it said every knee will bow and each language confess and know God...  it's just a tad bit persuasive.   KWIM??????????????

snip

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured