Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Eating chicken makes kids gay?

Posted by   + Show Post

Paris, a well known figure in Colombia, drew her conclusions from reports claiming that chickens were being injected with female hormones designed to speed up growth, “which means that these seven, eight, nine and 10 year old children [who are eating chicken] are having their feminine hormones accelerated...and are starting to become homosexual,” said Paris.

President of National Federation for Colombian Poultry Farmers (FENAVI), Andrés Fernando Moncada, responded to the model’s controversial claims with indignation.

"When you hear this kind of a statement from a public figure like Natalia Paris, we must express our total outrage," said Fernando. He further added that there were no chickens in Colombia or anywhere in the world that are injected with hormones to accelerate growth, dismissing Paris' claims as "urban myths."

----------------------

Eating female hormones may not be good for young kids,(the food is not clean and it is getting kids sick) but I don't think it can make you gay.

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Replies (31-40):
LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Erin Brockovich doesn't understand statistics or epidemiology: most of what was shown in the movie was either straight fiction or a gross misunderstanding of the science involved. 

That movie is almost as accurate as Argo, and Platoon.

Quoting casseopeia:

LOL and Jenny McCarthy is one of the smarter ones.  Don't get me wrong.  There have been a few smart models and beauty queens.  Erin Brockovich comes to mind.  But most are as vacuous as their gaze.  

Quoting LindaClement:

The same kind of people who think Jenny McCartney isn't talking through her ass?

Quoting casseopeia:

Who listens to lingerie models expecting great scientific revelations?

Cubanmom84
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Ok really? and why are we listening to anything Paris says??
Pema_Jampa
by SxyTaco on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:19 PM
3 moms liked this

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:24 PM

No, but it probably is changing hormonal structure.  So is chemical-laden commercial milk.  A major influence in why girl's periods are starting at  8 instead of the normal 12-16 years old from a century and a half ago. 

Early menstruation is also linked to reproductive cancers. 

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Really?

eema.gray
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Pet Peeve Alert!

Why is it that a certain segment of the anti-gay community thinks that gay men are deficient in testosterone and that something in our food/environment is making them so?  News flash:  When a man is deficient in testosterone he either experiences reduced libido (for either gender) and/or has trouble getting it up.  Hormonal deficiencies do not a gay man make!

Now, if you want to blame food for something, blame it for generalized sexual dysfunction across the board becaus I do think there is something to the hypothesis that the crap in our food is reducing libido and fertility.  But it's not making men (or women for that matter) gay.  SMH

cathygymboree
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:42 PM

I don't really know for sure.

Are there more gay people than before they used hormones in the food supply?

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:02 PM

We don't eat chicken. 

Denisethedaring
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:05 PM

So is it both girls and boys who become gay from eating the chicken and if so, why would an excess of female hormones cause girls to be gay and if not, what IS making the girls gay?  :D  I suspect this is junk science.  For instance, please let her define "female hormones." :D

Mipsy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Lmao! Guess its good my son is allergic to chicken?! Seriously, this is dumb!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN