Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Pro-Lifer's Can you answer this?

Posted by   + Show Post

lets just say there are about 500,000 abortions a year about half of those are aferican american, disabled, addicted to drugs, etc. children like that rarely get adopted if you don't believe me go look at the kids currently in foster care that are able to be adopted http://www.adoptuskids.org/meet-the-children/search

so that is 250000 kids extra a year into the foster care system how do we afford to take care of these children when states can not even take care of the ones they have now. Recently the  Hitting the MARC: Establishing Foster Care Minimum Adequate Rates for Children revealed that 49 states were falling short of adequate reimbursement rates for foster families at the time of the study — and that states across the nation would need to raise the rates by which they reimburse foster parents by an average of 36 percent to cover the actual costs of supporting a child in foster care. 

So someone explain to me how getting rid of abortion would be fiscaly responsible since most of the pro-lifers are the republicans who are all about fiscal conservitisim.

To fact check me look here http://www.childrensrights.org/policy-projects/foster-care/hitting-the-marc-foster-care-reimbursement-rates/foster-care-rates-by-state/

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Replies (181-183):
LilyofPhilly
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:51 AM
I was told that it was a violation. It's a picture of Lillith. That's my real cat in her arms and the Liberty Bell in the background.

Quoting NWP:

IMO you should use the uncensored version. I love classical art. It inspired the Italian Renaissance art. And much of that was commissioned by the Christian Pope.

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

*snip* My avatar is a piece of classical art. *snip*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LilyofPhilly
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Well thanks for apologizing and likewise, but the human form is not trashy.

Quoting purplerobin:

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

You are too stupid for words! My avatar is a piece of classical art. The only reason it's even censored is because of idiotic prudes like you who complain. Oh my-a painting of breasts!

Quoting purplerobin:

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

So you want poor women to be coerced into surrendering their children for adoption? How brilliant! And what if no one wants to adopt their children? There may be a demand for healthy white newborns, but even the demand for those would go down drastically if abortion was illegal and we started forcing poor women to surrender their children. If you don't believe me, just look back to the times when abortion was illegal and there was no public assistance.

Quoting purplerobin:

Quoting lazycervix:

so you are going to force a women to have a baby she doesn't want then throw her in jail if she can't support it wow that is harsh.

Quoting purplerobin:

People who don't want to be parents or who can't be need to figure that out BEFORE the child is born or within a month afterwards. If a kid gets taken sequel and placed in foster care after that,they should go after the bioparent for the funds. Short of funds? Oh well, either figure it out or do jail time.

Read the reply more carefully. I said she should have to pay IF she doesn't put the child up for adoption within a mon after he/ she is born. Harsh? Maybe but women ( and biodads ) should figure out whether they can be or want to be parents from the get-go. You'd probably see a LOT less kids in foster care.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING POOR, DINGBAT!!! It has to do with people figuring out whether they're ready for parenthood before a child is born or shortly thereafter. If a child is taken away because a parent is abusive or neglectful, the parent should foot the cost of foster care. 

Just because something is classical art doesn't mean it's classy. I don't appreciate art like that, and that is my right. I'm not a prude just because my values are conservative. That said, I was wrong to snark at you the way I did and I apologize.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
purplerobin
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

Well thanks for apologizing and likewise, but the human form is not trashy.

Quoting purplerobin:

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

You are too stupid for words! My avatar is a piece of classical art. The only reason it's even censored is because of idiotic prudes like you who complain. Oh my-a painting of breasts!

Quoting purplerobin:

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

So you want poor women to be coerced into surrendering their children for adoption? How brilliant! And what if no one wants to adopt their children? There may be a demand for healthy white newborns, but even the demand for those would go down drastically if abortion was illegal and we started forcing poor women to surrender their children. If you don't believe me, just look back to the times when abortion was illegal and there was no public assistance.

Quoting purplerobin:

Quoting lazycervix:

so you are going to force a women to have a baby she doesn't want then throw her in jail if she can't support it wow that is harsh.

Quoting purplerobin:

People who don't want to be parents or who can't be need to figure that out BEFORE the child is born or within a month afterwards. If a kid gets taken sequel and placed in foster care after that,they should go after the bioparent for the funds. Short of funds? Oh well, either figure it out or do jail time.

Read the reply more carefully. I said she should have to pay IF she doesn't put the child up for adoption within a mon after he/ she is born. Harsh? Maybe but women ( and biodads ) should figure out whether they can be or want to be parents from the get-go. You'd probably see a LOT less kids in foster care.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING POOR, DINGBAT!!! It has to do with people figuring out whether they're ready for parenthood before a child is born or shortly thereafter. If a child is taken away because a parent is abusive or neglectful, the parent should foot the cost of foster care. 

Just because something is classical art doesn't mean it's classy. I don't appreciate art like that, and that is my right. I'm not a prude just because my values are conservative. That said, I was wrong to snark at you the way I did and I apologize.

No it's not, but different people have different POV's re: public nudity, art, etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)