Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I read a story earlier about Obama's limo breaking down in Israel due to the wrong fuel. The Article said the limo was brought From Washington?? WTH??? Whether or not this is long standing practice, I do not know. But it is ridiculous!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Replies (21-30):
LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Nobody suggested they rent it at the airport, and everyone objecting so far has made it clear THIS Admin is not the only being criticized.

Quoting katy_kay08:

I can't help laughing at people suggesting they just rent a limo there like there is a vast line up of heavily armoured limos waiting at the airport.  

Just one more thing no one bitched about before Obama.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Exactly, I know nothing about your background except that you are very opinionated as if you actually KNOW what is going on in Government and have decided that THIS President doesn't need to have money spent for his safety,etc. LOL.

This is all about YOUR ego, thinking you're right even about THIS! So funny....

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

You know nothing about my background. In any case, I am every bit as entitled to share my opinions as anyone else and do not need your stamp of approval to do so, despite what your ego tells you.

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

It should not be standard practice, it is a waste of money. You can not tell me Israel does not have armored limos that meet with SS approval. Just more unnecessary government waste.

And of course with your background and education in politics and vast experience with traveling dignitaries, we shoould listen and heed your advice,right?

eye rollingyeah,right.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:02 PM
I was clear it is not just THIS Admin I find is wasteful.

Quoting lga1965:

Exactly, I know nothing about your background except that you are very opinionated as if you actually KNOW what is going on in Government and have decided that THIS President doesn't need to have money spent for his safety,etc. LOL.

This is all about YOUR ego, thinking you're right even about THIS! So funny....

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

You know nothing about my background. In any case, I am every bit as entitled to share my opinions as anyone else and do not need your stamp of approval to do so, despite what your ego tells you.

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

It should not be standard practice, it is a waste of money. You can not tell me Israel does not have armored limos that meet with SS approval. Just more unnecessary government waste.

And of course with your background and education in politics and vast experience with traveling dignitaries, we shoould listen and heed your advice,right?

eye rollingyeah,right.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:09 AM

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

I think it is wasteful.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

A mix-up in gas?  That should have been checked out ahead of time, but I think the President deserves the best protection, and their own vehicles are retrofitted and armoured to do that, while renting one wherever they go would not sufficiently protect him. 

I can see why they'd need to do that.   

Costly yes, but everything about the office of the President is costly. 

Sure it is...everything is wasteful...but I see the need to protect him. 

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:15 AM

LOL you really do not think that a Limo in another country would not be tampered with? REally???

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

stormcris
by Christy on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Because standard limo places do not have limo's built like tanks not to mention the inspections and the time involved in taking the entire vehicle apart then putting it back together and the cost of flying over the crew who are certified with the right clearance to do that for the president.

Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:15 AM

They do that whenever he leaves to another country because the "beast" is one of a kind from what I heard that car is nearly indestructible.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:14 AM
Yes, i know, and I think it is massively excessive and unnecessary.

Quoting Citygirlk:

They do that whenever he leaves to another country because the "beast" is one of a kind from what I heard that car is nearly indestructible.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:21 AM
They probably either carry it on Air Force One or the plane the SS Advance team uses when they fly out before the President.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

I highly doubt it but if you can find a source that shows checking out an existing armored limo is cheaper than flying a limo across the ocean, I am open to considering it.

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

It would cost extra to have those limos checked out and outfitted to SS approval and then remove all of the crap the SS put in. 

Cheaper to bring the cars.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:31 AM

To protect the president? Well then maybe you need to take that up with the head of the secret service. 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Yes, i know, and I think it is massively excessive and unnecessary.

Quoting Citygirlk:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured