Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
I read a story earlier about Obama's limo breaking down in Israel due to the wrong fuel. The Article said the limo was brought From Washington?? WTH??? Whether or not this is long standing practice, I do not know. But it is ridiculous!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Replies (31-35):
LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I do not need to "take it up" with anyone, hon, I am sharing an opinion on a message board.

Quoting Citygirlk:

To protect the president? Well then maybe you need to take that up with the head of the secret service. 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Yes, i know, and I think it is massively excessive and unnecessary.

Quoting Citygirlk:

They do that whenever he leaves to another country because the "beast" is one of a kind from what I heard that car is nearly indestructible.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelliehelvie
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

they should send him a smart car!

Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Don't hon me. 

From reading your responses I can tell you have a issue with it so why not do something about it.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

I do not need to "take it up" with anyone, hon, I am sharing an opinion on a message board.

Quoting Citygirlk:

To protect the president? Well then maybe you need to take that up with the head of the secret service. 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Yes, i know, and I think it is massively excessive and unnecessary.

Quoting Citygirlk:

They do that whenever he leaves to another country because the "beast" is one of a kind from what I heard that car is nearly indestructible.

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Standard practice but I wonder who forgot the gas. LOL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katy_kay08
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Like it or not the only way to truly maintain the President's safety is to maintain complete control over his motorcade and transportation.  "Renting" a limo would pose way too many unknown risks as the secret service would not have complete control over the vehicle at all times.  

Think how easy it would be for a terrorist group to get access to the vehicles prior to his arrival and plant a variety of items on the vehicle.   

While these may be risks you are willing to take with the President and his family, I personally think it's a risk not worth taking regardless of who may be the President at the time.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)