Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Allergy Question

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:34 PM
  • 35 Replies

Not a hot topic but didn't want to derail the other post:

I broke out in a rash after taking Penicillin as an infant and have always been told I'm allergic. How allergic, I have no idea. I may not really even be.

Anyway....

Today I saw some brie that was infused with mushrooms and since I have Celiac I'm always scanning labels.

On it was listed penicillin. I'm sure its a bacteria in the cheese. Never seen this before...

Should I avoid it or go get some? It sure looks good! Would this set off a penicillin allergy?

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grandmab125
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Try webmd.  I'm sure there is tons of material there on penicillin reactions.  Or google reactions to penicillin, or why is there penicillin in cheese or will penicillin in cheese cause an allergic reaction to penicillin?  Let us know if you figure this one out.  Just curious......

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:42 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting grandmab125:

Try webmd.  I'm sure there is tons of material there on penicillin reactions.  Or google reactions to penicillin, or why is there penicillin in cheese or will penicillin in cheese cause an allergic reaction to penicillin?  Let us know if you figure this one out.  Just curious......

*shifty eyes* I was hoping someone smart would know this. Everytime I go to webmd I get cancer....

Last time it was prostate cancer....

Bieg9093
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:45 PM
6 moms liked this

Go sit in your loal emergency room on a slow night and give it a tiny taste.  Then if you're still alive 20 minutes later, try a slightly bigger taste. 

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Bieg9093:

Go sit in your loal emergency room on a slow night and give it a tiny taste.  Then if you're still alive 20 minutes later, try a slightly bigger taste. 

This. LOL.

No, really try a small amount and see how you do. Allergies can go away.

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

laughingStill have that prostate, do you?  Pesky damn thing makes you get up a lot in the middle of the night to pee.

Quoting Woodbabe:

Quoting grandmab125:

*shifty eyes* I was hoping someone smart would know this. Everytime I go to webmd I get cancer....

Last time it was prostate cancer....

grandma B

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Quoting Bieg9093:

This. LOL.

You guys are cracking me up...do I call Tricare first or afterwards if I get admitted?

Themis_Defleo
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Use the ask a nurse hotline.

Quoting Woodbabe:

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Quoting Bieg9093:

This. LOL.

You guys are cracking me up...do I call Tricare first or afterwards if I get admitted?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tscritch
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Or to make it a little more fun...go sit at a fire station with really hot fire fighters and try it...they are first responders..a little mouth to mouth never hurt anyone wink

Quoting Bieg9093:

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting tscritch:

Or to make it a little more fun...go sit at a fire station with really hot fire fighters and try it...they are first responders..a little mouth to mouth never hurt anyone wink

Quoting Bieg9093:

Ooh you and I are going to be great friends! :) Best answer yet!

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:57 PM
2 moms liked this

Who needs expert, licensed, professional medical advice when I have CM? I'll be told I'm pregnant by the 50th response!

Quoting Themis_Defleo:

Use the ask a nurse hotline.

Quoting Woodbabe:

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Quoting Bieg9093:

This. LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured