Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Not a hot topic but didn't want to derail the other post:

I broke out in a rash after taking Penicillin as an infant and have always been told I'm allergic. How allergic, I have no idea. I may not really even be.

Anyway....

Today I saw some brie that was infused with mushrooms and since I have Celiac I'm always scanning labels.

On it was listed penicillin. I'm sure its a bacteria in the cheese. Never seen this before...

Should I avoid it or go get some? It sure looks good! Would this set off a penicillin allergy?

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Replies (21-30):
mama_l
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:13 PM
I am allergic to penicillin and eat it often and am still here, much to DH's chagrin. LOL!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Woodbabe
by Woodie on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:14 PM

You're not going to belive this...really...but I had a much stronger allergic reaction to Benadryl than I did to Penicillin. It was sprayed on my leg for a scorpion sting. Everywhere it dribbled down my leg turned into a huge purple whelp. My throat and tongue went numb. :(

Quoting LauraKW:

Make sure you aren't alone if you're going to try it, take some Benadryl first, and make sure the person with you is aware of the potential for anaphylaxis. Then enjoy! I love brie.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:16 PM

*nod* He's trying to off ya, huh? Wanna borrow my shiny woodchipper? LOL....maybe.

Quoting mama_l:

I am allergic to penicillin and eat it often and am still here, much to DH's chagrin. LOL!

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:17 PM

*takes a moment for the visual to sink in before humping screen*

Quoting AMBG825:

I have a severe allergy to penicillin and have eaten brie with no issues. I didn't even know it had penicillin in it to be honest.

And the best way to serve brie is to cover it with vanilla caramels then wrap it all in phyllo dough and bake it.

mama_l
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Ahhh to be able to "Fargo" it would rock!! LOL!

Quoting Woodbabe:

*nod* He's trying to off ya, huh? Wanna borrow my shiny woodchipper? LOL....maybe.

Quoting mama_l:

AMBG825
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:23 PM

when you cut into it, the caramel just ooozes out. Spread it on chocolate graham crackers and it's heaven.

One of our local dairies makes a vanilla flavored goat cheese that works even better than brie.

Quoting Woodbabe:

Quoting AMBG825:

I have a severe allergy to penicillin and have eaten brie with no issues. I didn't even know it had penicillin in it to be honest.

And the best way to serve brie is to cover it with vanilla caramels then wrap it all in phyllo dough and bake it.

JMmama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I would bet you are pregnant.
Woodbabe
by Woodie on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

FOR THE WIN!!!!!

Quoting JMmama:

I would bet you are pregnant.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you TRYING to drive me insane? OMG....licking screen like a dog on an old deer carcass.....

Quoting AMBG825:

when you cut into it, the caramel just ooozes out. Spread it on chocolate graham crackers and it's heaven.

One of our local dairies makes a vanilla flavored goat cheese that works even better than brie.

Quoting Woodbabe:

Quoting AMBG825:

tscritch
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG!!!!! That sounds so amazing I'm getting the tinglies just thinking about it!!!!

Quoting AMBG825:

Quoting Woodbabe:

Quoting AMBG825:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)