Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Handing out religous pamphlets are grocery store?

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:40 PM
  • 106 Replies

Okay, so I denounced the Christian faith because of my disagreement with the bible and how women are portrayed, among other things.

Back to the point.... I was just at the grocery store, and this old lady comes over, is looking at my kids say the usual stuff like "what a cutey!" etc...

Then she starts to hand my husband a card, then me a card, then gives one to each of my kids, my son is 2.5 and my daughter is 1.

Uhmm... I'm kind of offended, not because she handed me and my husband a pamphlet, we would just toss them, no harm done, but she gave them to my KIDS. I wanted to stop her, but I didn't want to seem like a prick, and also I was just kind of dumbfounded....

Why do my kids need a card? They were cards with cartoons on them depicting Jesus or whatever. It was kind of like a marketing ploy to "get them when they're young!" type of thing.

proprolife.gif picture by piink-lem0nade

Happily married Mama to one angelbaby, a son born 10-19-10, and a daughter born 3-20-12

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:42 PM
6 moms liked this
I would have said "Thanks, but no thanks." And then handed them all back to her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have taken them from my child and ensured that she was in earshot as I instructed my child not to accept anything from strangers ever.

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

I would have said "Thanks, but no thanks." And then handed them all back to her.

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:44 PM
2 moms liked this

I would have just thrown them away

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:45 PM
That too.

Quoting mikiemom:

I would have taken them from my child and ensured that she was in earshot as I instructed my child not to accept anything from strangers ever.

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
celticwych
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Me too!

mQuoting ..MoonShine..:

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Me too. And I've done that.

Quoting pamelax3:

I would have just thrown them away

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyMom08
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:48 PM
2 moms liked this
I work at a grocery store...we have a guy that comes in with these tiny bible things, full of passages...the one time he tried to give me one personally, I said 'no thank you'...now he leaves them on my register...even if he doesn't come through my line, he'll make a point to come leave one just for me...

It's rather annoying, I hate to waste the paper...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Meh

I suspect that the store will end that soon when they find flyers and pamphlets lying around littering up the place

Pema_Jampa
by SxyTaco on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Would have thanked her then turned and found the nearest trash bin. 

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:51 PM
5 moms liked this
Wow

Whine much ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN