Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

MARYLAND is legalizing maryjane....

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:43 PM
  • 32 Replies
2 moms liked this
So there's like 18 states following the lead of Cali and wa ... The decriminalization passed a few days ago in md .... Mj would be sold in shops and taxed 50.00 per oz and the tax money will go to rehab services in the state ... I want your thoughts. Mine are that if drinking is legal so should mj. I have never known a person become violent from this drug . Prohibition didn't work out too well before and it's happening again. I don't think you should have one without the other. Furthermore if they can provide more services to people addicted to crack trying to get clean and off the streets to me it doesn't feel like a bad thing. I think the age should be 21 and not 18 just like alcohol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:51 PM
2 moms liked this
I am 100% for legalization. I hope the they figure it out on the federal level eventually.

And Cali is only legal for medical. WA and CO just voted to legalize.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I live in MD an I support the legalization of marijuana.

MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Finally..watch them all fall.  It's about time.

ethans_momma06
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:59 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm for it. I think legalizing it will actually HELP our country. After all- it's not like making it illegal has kept it off the streets or prevented anyone from doing it. At all.

Anastacia1988
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:10 PM
That's my thing too! Our economy is already hurting sooo much and it could help a lot of states. Obama stated its not really a concern. And also it could create more jobs for people.
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

I am 100% for legalization. I hope the they figure it out on the federal level eventually.

And Cali is only legal for medical. WA and CO just voted to legalize.

THIS!

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Quoting ethans_momma06:

I'm for it. I think legalizing it will actually HELP our country. After all- it's not like making it illegal has kept it off the streets or prevented anyone from doing it. At all.

I completely agree. Our war on drugs has failed miserably.

Legalizing it and regulating it will make it safer, take a big source of profits from gangs/drug cartels and will generate lots of revenue that a lot of our states desperately need.

As well as creating jobs (while at the same time taking them away from gangs/drug cartels).

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

We'll still grow our own.

Cubanmom84
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:41 PM
You can die from alcohol poisoning, the word thing that could happen when your high on weed.... There is no food in your house....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greenie63
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I live in MD and support the legalization. I may be in the minority with my additional thinking but I feel all drugs should be legalized, like in Portugal. Abusers should be in treatment programs not in jail where they can probably get a variety of drugs. Solve the problem don't perpetuate it. For the record I've never used an illegal drug. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)