Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Two Teen Girls Carjack, Kidnap, Rob 89-Year-Old Woman, Keep Her in Trunk for Days

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:16 AM
  • 12 Replies

article image
By Ashley Davis, Fri, March 22, 2013

Two teen girls and two teen boys are being charged after the girls decided to carjack a senior citizen and drive around with her in the trunk for two days.

Margaret E. Smith, 89, was going to give a ride to the girls, Junia Mcdonald, 14 and Jackeline Perez, 15, when they asked for one at a Chicken Man store in Milford, Delaware.

But when she arrived at the house they wanted to go to, the girls demanded her car keys and shoved her in the trunk. They then drove off and picked up two 17-year-old boys to show them what they had done.

The teen girls are also being accused of stealing $500 from Smith's jacket. They are being held in jail on charges of robbery, carjacking, kidnapping and conspiracy. Their bond is set at $122,000.

When Smith's family reported her missing later that night, authorities issued a Gold Alert. She was last seen getting in her car in the morning.

On Wednesday, she was found walking around a cemetery, barefoot, nearly 20 miles from where she first met the teen girls.

Police said the girls dropped her off there. She was then taken by authorities to Nanticoke Memorial Hospital. She has since been released.

Smith is traumatized by the ordeal.

"I'm still shaking. They opened the door and shoved me in the trunk and locked it, banged and banged and banged," she said.

Officers were able to find her car the night they discovered her in the cemetery. The teens were taken into custody and the 14-year-old was driving at the time the car was pulled over.

Rondaiges Harper and Phillip Brewer, the 17-year-old boys, are also charged with kidnapping, conspiracy and receiving stolen property. They are being held on $27,000 bond.

The two girls are being tried as juveniles.

DailyMail, CBS

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilliesValley
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:28 AM
Wow. Wtf. I'm sure mommy and daddy are so surprised. Poor lady.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
IhartU
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:32 AM
3 moms liked this

Tried as juveniles? That is an adult crime and they should be charged as such.

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:34 AM
2 moms liked this

Life in prison or death.

party_of_5
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:47 AM

That's aweful! They need to be held accountable for their actions. They need tried as adults, not juvi's! Poor little lady.

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this

This is horrible.  Little psychopaths, they need to be locked away from the rest of us.  I hope they get whatever the maximum juvenile sentence is.   

jeweldragons
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Any person who robs the elderly IMO should be killed. Another case of our fucked up justice system not wanting to charge teenagers as adults.  Further proof to me that our system sucks.  I hope the poor elderly lady can get over her ordeal.

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:05 AM

The max in juvi is not good enough.

Quoting momtoscott:

This is horrible.  Little psychopaths, they need to be locked away from the rest of us.  I hope they get whatever the maximum juvenile sentence is.   

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I tend to agree, but it is what is on offer.  Therefore I hope they get it. 

Quoting Carpy:

The max in juvi is not good enough.

Quoting momtoscott:

WesternNYmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this

That poor woman. Those girls should have been tried as adults. They think they are all grown up and tough. Lets see how they do in an adult prison.

candlegal
by Judy on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this

You do realize no one was killed, right?

Quoting Carpy:

Life in prison or death.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN