Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Guy With Half a Head Warns Against Impaired Driving

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:25 AM
  • 7 Replies

VIDEO: Guy With Half a Head Warns Against Impaired Driving

Carlos Sosa Mugshot 1

Carlos Sosa, 27. Police photo.

If you’ve spent much time online, odds are you’ve seen a photo of Carlos Sosa. The 27-year-old Miami man has a long rap sheet–he’s been arrested on charges including trespassing, marijuana possession and breach of peace–but it’s not the charges against him that are remarkable, it’s the fact that he only has half a head. In the video below, an upbeat and remarkably functional Carlos recalls the accident that left him disfigured and, pulling on a blunt, warns others against drunk driving and “drugness” driving.

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Woodbabe
by Woodie on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:49 AM
3 moms liked this

*blank stare* I'm not sure I know what to say about this....

Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Honestly Wood , I believe you just said it all ... That can be said about this story.

Quoting Woodbabe:

*blank stare* I'm not sure I know what to say about this....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DragonMother10
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:41 AM
It looks like he hasn't changed. He seems to think it is funny. If that happened to someone who truly regreted it, they would be in tears and talking with students at schools, not in front of a camera his homie was holding.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:55 AM
How can he function ? Vital parts of his brain are gone. The frontal lobe.....isn't that what they used to removd to "cure" mental patients in the 1930's and 1940's which usually made them vegetables ?
I can't handle this. Too gross and disturbing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:45 AM

He's hardly someone to set an example.

meriana
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:02 PM

One can show all the devasting results of drinking, using drugs, cell phones, etc. and driving one wants to people but there's still that thing that they will say to themselves, "that's so awful but it won't happen to me", teens especially are subject to that thinking. Along with all the accidents scenes and talks by those who have suffered harm, it might be a good idea to place a lot more of the focus on being responsible. Stress the fact that a moving vehicle can be and is a deadly weapon; that the driver is responsible not only for his/her safety but also the safety of everyone else in the vehicle and others on and/or near the road whether they be driving; walking, bicycling, whatever. It often seems that the main focus is on the awful things that can and do happen when one indulges in activities which don't mix well with driving but a whole lot of people and especially teens still do them. Perhaps, while continueing to talk about those things, we would get better results by making responsibility for others as well as oneself the primary focus.

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I fully admit I only opened this for a pic. Got it! Thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)