Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Oh no. I am not falling for that again -POLL-

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:22 AM
  • 53 Replies

Poll

Question: What would you do in this situation

Options:

Stand your ground and keep saying no

Say no to her staying but yes to the baby

Say no- other

Say yes because they are family

Say yes-other

General Other.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 69

View Results

My train wreck of a cousin called me at 8am to beg me to let her come back to stay with us. Of course I said hell no

Background info- My cousin is married and has a 6-8 month old son. Her husband does I don't know what and she is a SAHM. She came to stay with me for a few weeks back in December-January but was a total twatwaffle during her stay (doing things like messing up the house, complaining, letting her baby cry in the middle of the night when people had work/school in the morning and coming on this site to call my SO a pedophile) so I put her ass out. I hadn't heard from her since a week after I put her out.

Fast Forward to this morning.  She calls the line for my rescue and I answer thinking that it was an adopter for one of my dogs.  She is sobbing in the phone about how her husband lost his job and now they have no where to stay. I said "oh, sweety that's too bad" and she asked could she come stay with me at the end of the month.  I said umm no and told her that I wasn't having that drama back in this house. So she asked if I could watch her son for a while. Once again I said no.  So she sobbed harder and starting cursing at me through the phone so I hung up on her ass. She called back 5 minutes later and asked me again to watch her son. I still said no.  (I wouldn't know what to do with a baby and I really don't want one in the house. And I am not working anymore and I am sure that my SO doesn't want another mouth to feed. Besides last time I took a kid in to "watch" them I became a mom). She apologized for what she did before and asked again and I still said no. She went into another tantrum and I hung up and didn't answer when she called back

Because it is early I would like to weigh in on this. What would you do in this situation?

Please be advised that nothing you say will affect the decision already made. I just want to see where your heads are at.

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
colins_mom
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:24 AM
I saw no.to both.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rosie211
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I am a sucker for babies, so I would say no to her, but yes to the baby. I know it could end up being bad, but I couldn't turn away a child. Good luck though, whatever choice you make! Only you know what is best for you and your family, you have to go with your gut.

ethans_momma06
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Uhhhh. I have no idea. It's really awkward.

On one hand I'd feel extremely to help because they are in obvious need. On the other hand.... that seems to be imposing on you greatly.

I mean, there's a dang good reason people tell you not to burn your bridges. This is a shinning example why.

Also... are you sure she just *let* her baby cry?

AliKatAK47
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Yea. She would let him cry to teach him to shut up and sleep. So everyone else in the house would be miserable until I went and got him or he passed out from lung exhaustion. 

Quoting ethans_momma06:

On one hand I'd feel extremely to help because they are in obvious need. On the other hand.... that seems to be imposing on you greatly.

I mean, there's a dang good reason people tell you not to burn your bridges. This is a shinning example why.

ethans_momma06
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM

:( Oh god.

Well geez. I might agree to babysit him then.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Yea. She would let him cry to teach him to shut up and sleep. So everyone else in the house would be miserable until I went and got him or he passed out from lung exhaustion. 

Quoting ethans_momma06:

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Meh.  I would probably say no.  I might take the baby temporarily but that is bound to be an utter heartbreak and drama.  If I was better off financially and thought I could pay daycare for a baby or stay home I'd be more open to it.

AliKatAK47
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:42 AM
My SO probably wouldn't agree to that

Quoting ethans_momma06:

:( Oh god.

Well geez. I might agree to babysit him then.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Quoting ethans_momma06:

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Considering the history here, I would have declined as well.

MommyO2-6631
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:46 AM
It's not the baby's fault that his/her mom is a pos. I would at least talk to my dh about keeping the baby for a while.
catrig
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:49 AM
I would probably take the baby in. I can see why your not, and how your handling it is fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)