Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Kids that are too big too be in strollers?

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:45 PM
  • 205 Replies
2 moms liked this
Idk but when I see this it bugs me ... I think some parents with pacifiers and strollers and cribs keep their kids using this stuff possibly because they are in denial they're kid is growing up or because they give into the child .... My kiddo had a stroller up until 16 months and a umbrella stroller for street events and busy parks till about 22 months now she's jealous I push the baby I watch in a stroller (20 months) and she's 5 ... I wouldn't ever let her but I def have seen it.... If ur one of those moms then why? Also do you feel your child is losing out on independence skills and basic motor functions ?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CreziaMommyTo2
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:49 PM

bottles and binkies are GONE by 1 years old

strollers by 2 years old

DD was in a twin at 8 months old and DS at 14 months old.

my DS is ASD, so i did get a double, because he is a flight risk, so i would say for him it was by 3, but i cringed everytime he sat in it.

i think NO child should be in a stroller past 18-24 month.

JMO.  dont care if anyone agrees or not... but i cringe.

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:52 PM
6 moms liked this
Why does it matter?

Is a leash better? I had an almost 4 year old in a stroller at Bonnaroo a few years ago. Much easier for us all for a few days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristenFowles
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:53 PM
3 moms liked this

Hey.. if it works for the 6 year old and momma to still be in a stroller.. whatever..

TCgirlatheart
by TC on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:56 PM
As long as I don't have to push them or lift them into it, I don't really care.
Anastacia1988
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:56 PM
It's not that it does matter it's their kid.... Besides looking ridiculous I'm curious why people choose to do this or keep them in it longer.... It wasn't my case so it perplexes me
Bella_Madre
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Different strokes...

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

bottles and binkies are GONE by 1 years old

strollers by 2 years old

DD was in a twin at 8 months old and DS at 14 months old.

my DS is ASD, so i did get a double, because he is a flight risk, so i would say for him it was by 3, but i cringed everytime he sat in it.

i think NO child should be in a stroller past 18-24 month.

JMO.  dont care if anyone agrees or not... but i cringe.

I agree with binkies. My kids had them, but only in the house at naptime and bedtime, they (the binkies) stayed in the bedroom. They were maybe 2 when they gave them up. They were done with bottles by 1.

Strollers, it depends. If it's someplace like the zoo or where we did a lot of walking I would rather have the stroller than carry them. Their little legs get tired. Hell, sometimes I wish I had one for me. LOL One of my grandsons was in one until about 3, but he was a runner and wouldn't stay with everyone. 

Anastacia1988
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Oh and btw this was all sparked by a woman who thinks its weird like I do but she literally has a blog with tons of kids at different ages with captions lol she's a weirdo but its def interesting and some of the pics are funny like the kid is squeezed in so tight their hips have muffin top and it can't be comfortable lol so yet again I wonder why
talia-mom
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Because it was a 3 day festival with 10s of thousands of people. We had one walking and one in the stroller and it was easier to have the younger in the stroller, especially with all the stuff and we could just hit the ac tent for nap time.

Quoting Anastacia1988:

It's not that it does matter it's their kid.... Besides looking ridiculous I'm curious why people choose to do this or keep them in it longer.... It wasn't my case so it perplexes me

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TCgirlatheart
by TC on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:01 PM
2 moms liked this
Why would some one do it? Because for various reasons, at various places/events it was easier than the alternative.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN