Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Why democrats should not be involved with gun laws.

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:35 PM
  • 275 Replies

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:43 PM
21 moms liked this

I don't know what a barrel shroud is either. How about, instead of saying "democrats" (no, I am not a democrat) shouldn't be involved in gun laws, people who are uneducated on the weapons they are trying to ban shouldn't be involved in forming these laws. Pull any idiot in the House of Representatives and give them a quiz on general knowledge of just...stuff, and see how poorly they do. Both sides, both parties. All of them are idiots. 

And I'd do Tucker Carlson. I wouldn't let him talk though, I'd just do him. He's one of the few men who can rock a bow tie. 

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:45 PM
2 moms liked this

"Something that goes up" 

*facepalm* 

motha2daDuchess
by Bruja on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:55 PM
5 moms liked this

There are democrats that own guns that are ok with creating better gun laws....just an FYI, don't think they say that on Faux News

lga1965
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:59 PM
6 moms liked this

Stereotypical thinking, Carpy....with a little narrow- minded labeling going on.

KristenFowles
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:00 PM
15 moms liked this

Uneducated about guns, gun safety, etc - Yes.. shouldn't be involved in gun laws..

But to say all democrats? That's a bit ignorant...........

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:04 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting KristenFowles:

Uneducated about guns, gun safety, etc - Yes.. shouldn't be involved in gun laws..

But to say all democrats? That's a bit ignorant...........

Completely agree. And

If we are going to base a judgement on an entire party on one person then I don't think we should allow Republicans to be involved in gun control laws either. This video contains a clip of Tim Donnelly (Republican) suggesting guns are all a part of God's plan.

God planned for guns....

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:07 PM
5 moms liked this

A barrel shroud protects you from a hot barrel.  I have one on my target rifle. 

And it is primarily democrats who lack knowledge on guns.  My fave is Biden with his shotgun recomendations.  Easier to aim and shoot than an AR15?  REALLY??

Of course it spawned all the great videos of women getting thrown on their asses and busted in the face from firing one.  I shot a shotgun once in my life and vowed to never shoot one again.  AR15's are as easy to shoot as a BB gun

And for some reason I find Tucker to be cute in a nerdy sort of way.

Quoting mehamil1:

I don't know what a barrel shroud is either. How about, instead of saying "democrats" (no, I am not a democrat) shouldn't be involved in gun laws, people who are uneducated on the weapons they are trying to ban shouldn't be involved in forming these laws. Pull any idiot in the House of Representatives and give them a quiz on general knowledge of just...stuff, and see how poorly they do. Both sides, both parties. All of them are idiots. 

And I'd do Tucker Carlson. I wouldn't let him talk though, I'd just do him. He's one of the few men who can rock a bow tie. 

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:11 PM
3 moms liked this

Yes there are democrats that own guns and I hear them daily, voicing their anger for having voted for Obama.  Alot of really pissed of people out there now.  Especially when it is impossible to find the most common plinking rounds in the world.

Quoting motha2daDuchess:

There are democrats that own guns that are ok with creating better gun laws....just an FYI, don't think they say that on Faux News

.Bubbles.
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:47 PM
3 moms liked this
I know plenty of democrats who are hunters and gun owners. I would agree that people need to be more educated about guns and the current background checks required before creating new laws.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Annettey19
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:23 PM
7 moms liked this

I don't think it's democrats who should be kept out of it, as previous poster said, it's people who don't know about the issue that should be kept out of it.

This is why we should actually have a house of Representatives, Congress, and Senate that is made up of the PEOPLE from all walks of life, with various areas of knowledge. Not just career politicians who maybe have a degree in law or have run a business, but don't know jack shit about the issues they're trying to fix. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)