Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Beyonce entertainment for men.

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:44 PM
  • 129 Replies
6 moms liked this

I think that's what she should name her next album.  

The thing that bothers me about Beyonce: she talks about empowering woman and than does her sexy burlesque routine.  I wish we could stop pretending that acting like a stripper means you are a "strong woman" who is owning her sexuality.  Women do these things because its appealing to men and they like being thought of as a "pretty girl".  And that's ok, I just want to call it what it is, because young girls are getting the wrong message.

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandapanda82
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PinkParadox
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM
5 moms liked this
In some ways I disagree. Dancing is something you feel. There is no reason you can't dance "sexy" for yourself.

Also, the attraction between men & women is old as time, as is many subconscious behaviors. You can be a powerful self sufficient female and still be sexy. They are not mutually exclusive.

Now, what you subject your children to, and at what age, is a different topic. A lot of her songs are not geared toward children. They are written by a woman, for women.
GeekMommi
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Wasn't she giving a kids choice award?

Quoting PinkParadox:

In some ways I disagree. Dancing is something you feel. There is no reason you can't dance "sexy" for yourself.

Also, the attraction between men & women is old as time, as is many subconscious behaviors. You can be a powerful self sufficient female and still be sexy. They are not mutually exclusive.

Now, what you subject your children to, and at what age, is a different topic. A lot of her songs are not geared toward children. They are written by a woman, for women.

IhartU
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM
4 moms liked this

All she does is shake her large ass and sing the same line over and over. I don't see what the big deal about her.

PinkParadox
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Honestly, I didn't see it. We don't generally watch awards shows. If she did a sexy routines on a kids show, then that is an obvious issue. My 5 & 7 year old know 1 Beyonce song....have never watched music videos and have no idea who she is. Anyone that has listened to her lyrics would know they are obviously not for children.

Quoting GeekMommi:

Wasn't she giving a kids choice award?

Quoting PinkParadox:

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting IhartU:

All she does is shake her large ass and sing the same line over and over. I don't see what the big deal about her.

pretty much

parentalrights1
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:37 PM
8 moms liked this
Actually it's empowering to know that we can be ourselves naturally and not be held down by ridiculous standards of the imaginary concept of modesty
girlsclubmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree she and all the entertainers like her disgust me.

kaylasmom22
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:40 PM
2 moms liked this
She is just another rich celebrity who wants the public to think they are teaching us something. She is rich and just like all the other celebs just cares about making money.
Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting IhartU:

There has to be more to the choreography than that, or "single ladies" wouldn't have gone viral.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)