Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Starbucks CEO...No tolerance for Traditional Marriage supporters

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:37 PM
  • 422 Replies
2 moms liked this
At the Starbucks annual shareholders meeting on Wednesday, CEO Howard Schultz sent a clear message to anyone who supports traditional marriage over gay marriage: we don’t want your business. After saying Starbucks wants to “embrace diversity of all kinds,” he told a shareholder who supports traditional marriage that he should sell his shares and invest in some other company. According to a report by Forbes, Schultz seemed a bit intolerant of any Starbucks shareholders who opposed gay marriage for moral or religious reasons. During the meeting, shareholder Tom Strobhar (who founded the Corporate Morality Action Center) pointed out that after the company voiced its support for a referendum backing gay marriage in Washington state, a boycott by traditional marriage supporters caused a drop in sales revenue. Schultz told him “You can sell your shares in Starbucks and buy shares in another company” if he did not agree with the company’s pro-gay marriage stand. Read more from this story HERE. Read more: http://joemiller.us/2013/03/starbucks-ceo-no-tolerance-for-traditional-marriage-supporters/#ixzz2OVmB50b1
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:40 PM
*sigh*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaJess9
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM
8 moms liked this
Really? The twisting around of the word "tolerance" is tired.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:42 PM
2 moms liked this
Crap.....and I love that place too! But I hate intolerance of any kind more than I love their coffee.
KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:47 PM
I agree. It gets over used by both sides of the coin.
Quoting MamaJess9:

Really? The twisting around of the word "tolerance" is tired.
KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:48 PM
2 moms liked this
That's was a pretty big sigh there missy. Hell, I could smell your mouthwash from here.
Quoting ..MoonShine..:

*sigh*
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:49 PM
30 moms liked this

I must admit it warms the cockles of my heart to hear/see contemptuous people i.e. religious fanatics, bigots and people who 'typically' lack tolerance for others who are different have the tables turned on them. To hear/read the typically intolerant holler 'intolerance' is.just.satisfying!

KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:52 PM
6 moms liked this
Intolerance, inequality of any kind never warms my cockles. Intolerance breeds division, division breeds hate....hate is never a good thing.
Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

I must admit it warms my cockles to hear/see contemptuous people i.e. religious fanatics, bigots and people who 'typically' lack tolerance for others who are different have the tables turned on them. To hear/read the typically intolerant holler 'intolerance' is.just.satisfying!

jehosoba84
by Jenn on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:57 PM
3 moms liked this

Can't we all just get along!?

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:57 PM
6 moms liked this

Meh, he is entitled to his opinion.  When he attempts to force his opinion on to others, he makes a complete fool of himself.  Much like those who he oppose.

Never really cared for Starbucks.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

I must admit it warms my cockles to hear/see contemptuous people i.e. religious fanatics, bigots and people who 'typically' lack tolerance for others who are different have the tables turned on them. To hear/read the typically intolerant holler 'intolerance' is.just.satisfying!

You do indeed have a point.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)