Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you know about this trick?

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:57 PM
  • 20 Replies

The corn post made me think about this video that shows you the easiest way to open a tight jar- with a kitchen knife! I LOVE kitchen tricks!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Cu0chCxPQ

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Presley77
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:57 PM

I meant butter knife actually

BuckeyezRule
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:05 AM
2 moms liked this

Cool! Here are my favs.

Microwave water and let it boil for a minute or so in a dirty microwave. The stuck on stuff wipes easily off!

To keep sponges or dish clothes from that stinky smell, rinse in COLD water. You can do hot to get the food off 1st, then totally soak with cold water. Works like a charm! :)

Presley77
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Bumpsies
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:27 AM
5 moms liked this

I use a half a lemon microwaved for a minute. Not only does it clean and sterilize, it leaves it smelling wonderful.

Quoting BuckeyezRule:

Cool! Here are my favs.

Microwave water and let it boil for a minute or so in a dirty microwave. The stuck on stuff wipes easily off!

To keep sponges or dish clothes from that stinky smell, rinse in COLD water. You can do hot to get the food off 1st, then totally soak with cold water. Works like a charm! :)

Neon Washable Paint

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:31 AM

If you microwave a lemon 30 seconds to a min. you get more juice out of it when you squeeze it.

Quoting NWP:

I use a half a lemon microwaved for a minute. Not only does it clean and sterilize, it leaves it smelling wonderful.

Quoting BuckeyezRule:

Cool! Here are my favs.

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:32 AM
2 moms liked this

All that knife wielding whacking. To hell with that. Bang it on the counter while you turn it. Geez.

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:41 AM
3 moms liked this

I just hand it to my husband. lol

BuckeyezRule
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Ooohhh, great idea! I'm going to try that! :)

Quoting NWP:

Quoting BuckeyezRule:

Cool! Here are my favs.

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Yup.  I've done that for years. 

Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Sometimes that works sometimes not.  What works better I carefully hold the jar upside down and hit the bottom with your hand a couple/few times.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured