Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

All stores last p.m. denied food stamps : EVERYWHERE in the world

Posted by   + Show Post

Walmart had told us, from a manager's or supervisor's saying this to us,  that worldwide, walmart had shut down on part of Saturday and Sunday evening ( or maybe more hrs, hard to tell,yet)  

That........ FOOD STAMPS cards were not being allowed into the system.   We tried 6 times to put it in manually into the system and it didn't work. 

Was anyone else shopping last night march 24, 2013?    Was anyone at walmart denied FS?

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Replies (11-20):
blurp
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I think it was deliberate Holiday cash "raking"

Quoting survivorinohio:

So what do you think was the cause?

survivorinohio
by René on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:57 AM

You think Walmart shut down its food stamp communication system to force people to use cash instead?  Does that help their bottom line somehow?

Quoting blurp:

Quoting survivorinohio:

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:28 AM

What a stupid statement.  If you are on food stamps, there is a huge chance you don't have money.

Walmart makes huge profits off food stamps.

Quoting blurp:

Quoting survivorinohio:

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:29 AM

There is no worldwide fs system.   it is for the US.

Quoting blurp:

This isn't on any google that I looked up when checking this morning.

It's not the stores themselves, it's the system of food stamps itself.

This was major!   It wasn't just 1 store locally or just Pa,. state, it was said by the mgr that it was world wide within the food stamps system.  I am not seeing anything here on  cafemom other than these few replys, I'm wondering if it's just the system itself so Holiday money leeches into circulation primarily rather than see the economy fall.

I saw it last year, I'm not making this up.

It seems that the more the system is melding f.s. than the more the stable businesses are doing to get cash from cash payers, and perhaps the meltdown is rooted within those who cannot afford their own homes, and If I were to own a home with the down payments and interest rates, I'm sure we'd have to lose major conveniences.

The stores said they're up today,  Price Chopper, walmart.

Quoting Woodbabe:

I googled and didn't find anything....

ChancesMommy07
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:31 AM

If everywhere in the world recieved food stamps this might make a little more sense. 

Aamy
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:31 AM
So? Food stamps won't be around forever.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
funny_girl3
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:33 AM

My local grocery store had signs up saying that EBT would be down saturday and sunday.

Aamy
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Also there is no world wide food stamp system.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
blurp
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Actually I'm not being paranoid but I take info really personal.  This is why. When Pr. Chopper has a short duration shutdown,.. it's usually affecting all those stores.   Here's the other reason I get concerned, when a walmart has an issue, they ''tell you'', it's here and it's all the walmarts' worldwide, they are not just chains like local chains.  Walmart IS worldwide.  It's in China and that is way more populated than u.s.

I am not saying I have all the data on fs or systems, I don't. 

It's a learning venture,.  since millions upon million have fs. in the u.s. we should be concerned a bit,.. as to how to handle things,  just in case some other shutdowns occur and I'm prepared to know what bills we should ditch and what to keep.

If it were me, I'd not have deluxe cable first...  that's just me. I'd have an antenna , did it for 5 yrs once, it wasn't terrible.

Quoting talia-mom:

There is no worldwide fs system.   it is for the US.

Quoting blurp:

This isn't on any google that I looked up when checking this morning.

It's not the stores themselves, it's the system of food stamps itself.

This was major!   It wasn't just 1 store locally or just Pa,. state, it was said by the mgr that it was world wide within the food stamps system.  I am not seeing anything here on  cafemom other than these few replys, I'm wondering if it's just the system itself so Holiday money leeches into circulation primarily rather than see the economy fall.

I saw it last year, I'm not making this up.

It seems that the more the system is melding f.s. than the more the stable businesses are doing to get cash from cash payers, and perhaps the meltdown is rooted within those who cannot afford their own homes, and If I were to own a home with the down payments and interest rates, I'm sure we'd have to lose major conveniences.

The stores said they're up today,  Price Chopper, walmart.

Quoting Woodbabe:

I googled and didn't find anything....

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I imagine it's along the same line of issues when their debit/credit systems crash and you can only pay cash or PA cards. I don't think it was a conspiracy or anything other than a system glitch caused by who knows what. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)