Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

All stores last p.m. denied food stamps : EVERYWHERE in the world

Posted by   + Show Post

Walmart had told us, from a manager's or supervisor's saying this to us,  that worldwide, walmart had shut down on part of Saturday and Sunday evening ( or maybe more hrs, hard to tell,yet)  

That........ FOOD STAMPS cards were not being allowed into the system.   We tried 6 times to put it in manually into the system and it didn't work. 

Was anyone else shopping last night march 24, 2013?    Was anyone at walmart denied FS?

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Replies (21-30):
blurp
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Um, in this day and age, I'd rather think it's not a who knows what, and rather wonder who is causing it.  OR what is .

So many things are only turned on or off with a simple password.   It's not too hard.  Seems to be easier the more complex it becomes.  I am not a conspiracy geek or anything, but this DID happen last yr. same week and the same store was jammed wall to wall.   This never happens to us when we've shopped. 

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

I imagine it's along the same line of issues when their debit/credit systems crash and you can only pay cash or PA cards. I don't think it was a conspiracy or anything other than a system glitch caused by who knows what. 

Lorriane
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I believe it happens every year about the same time and it could just be that the fs system is having maintenance done for that time period it. A lot of government and businesses do routine maintenance and can not all be done when the program is running. 

blurp
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I've never given it thought, perhaps without the stockmarket, there wouldn't be any cafemom either

Quoting talia-mom:

What a stupid statement.  If you are on food stamps, there is a huge chance you don't have money.

Walmart makes huge profits off food stamps.

Quoting blurp:

I think it was deliberate Holiday cash "raking"

Quoting survivorinohio:

So what do you think was the cause?

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:51 AM

It very well could be due to some type of maintenance on the systems.  I highly doubt some conspiracy theory is at work here.

MrsImperfect
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Worked in my area last night. At Wal-Mart.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MsRkg
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Ok firstly, there is no worldwide network of food stamps. Two, if no stamps were being accepted during a certain time frame, it was most likely the result of a computer glitch at the DoA , and not some massive conspiracy theory to stop or deny people from using them.

aimhawk
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:56 AM

We were shopping around 6pm, here in Kentucky. Cards were being swiped and approved all over the store.

blurp
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Have no clue what their bottom ''line'' in profits is or wondered .....until now, since it's the 2nd time.

If **I** can see this...plllllllleeeeeeeeeeease!!

Not to joke around are the profits really made by foodstamps, just banking on poor people for a turnover? Are they?   SInce the market has nothing left to bank on in a terrible economy does it not make sense to just burden the majority of poor ranking souls with a solid territorial shopping ground.   Let's be real, most people want a bargain, and they go to huge local mkts to shop.. they aren't getting a bargain if they're just buying a few items and going back for a few more, no.  it's when they go for 1 month and get tons of food, then it's more items, more money, (fs) in this case.

I am not going to shop 1 time per day since it's exhausting to go and walk back and forth and also time and mind confusing.   I used to and its all some people can do for their entire life, with no cars, no money, for cabs.

SO yes buying in volume would be natural to save time and money.

SO !!  yes it seems to be a profit in bulk anyway. 

But for the 20 or 10 items or less it may be that those only Holiday shopping are not in for huge cartfulls.

OK.   SO you asked is it WALMART?   Idk.    

It may be the ''answer'' is likely or possible the food stamp "SYSTEM::  welfare, as I'd said before.

Nobody can get through to welfare. ever.  It's easier to get hit with a bolt of lightning 2x's.

Quoting survivorinohio:

You think Walmart shut down its food stamp communication system to force people to use cash instead?  Does that help their bottom line somehow?

Quoting blurp:

I think it was deliberate Holiday cash "raking"

Quoting survivorinohio:

So what do you think was the cause?

ACDC_fan
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I used my FS at walmart just fine last night....they wouldn't have much business round these parts if they refused FS lmao

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Wow. Paranoid much?

Most systems have designated times that they do maintenance. I've seen signs at grocery stores before that said "EBT will be down from (hour to hour)... It's pretty common.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)