Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

All stores last p.m. denied food stamps : EVERYWHERE in the world

Posted by   + Show Post

Walmart had told us, from a manager's or supervisor's saying this to us,  that worldwide, walmart had shut down on part of Saturday and Sunday evening ( or maybe more hrs, hard to tell,yet)  

That........ FOOD STAMPS cards were not being allowed into the system.   We tried 6 times to put it in manually into the system and it didn't work. 

Was anyone else shopping last night march 24, 2013?    Was anyone at walmart denied FS?

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Replies (51-58):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Paranoia is not healthy.

sugareemommee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:19 PM

I apologize, I had statewide first but I assumed the poster wasn't in PA for some reason.  Thanks for the clarification.  :)

Quoting grandmab125:

It wasn't nationwide.  Food stamp money comes from the Feds.  But the states i run their own individual programs.  There is more than one company that handles all of the processes for obtaining and issuing EBT cards.  PA decided to switch companies in hopes of getting better service for their residents.  That's it in a nutshell.

Quoting sugareemommee:

It was a nationwide scheduled shut down.  At least that's what I read on the paper on the door when I went food shopping yesterday. 

Everytime they made the announcement people were up in arms. 

It was great because the lines were so short!  haha

momtimesx4
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:23 PM

PEAK FOOD STAMPS!!!!!!!1111111ONEONE!!!!ELEVEN!

soonergirl980
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I don't get food stamps so I would have no clue

MrsWhite101610
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:37 PM
My local walmart had a sign saying something about fs wouldn't be accepted. I couldnt see the dates though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Perhaps there was an unsuspected glitch in the system....

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:59 PM

I wasn't implying that you were making it up, I was simply trying to find the reason!

Quoting blurp:

This isn't on any google that I looked up when checking this morning.

It's not the stores themselves, it's the system of food stamps itself.

This was major!   It wasn't just 1 store locally or just Pa,. state, it was said by the mgr that it was world wide within the food stamps system.  I am not seeing anything here on  cafemom other than these few replys, I'm wondering if it's just the system itself so Holiday money leeches into circulation primarily rather than see the economy fall.

I saw it last year, I'm not making this up.

It seems that the more the system is melding f.s. than the more the stable businesses are doing to get cash from cash payers, and perhaps the meltdown is rooted within those who cannot afford their own homes, and If I were to own a home with the down payments and interest rates, I'm sure we'd have to lose major conveniences.

The stores said they're up today,  Price Chopper, walmart.

Quoting Woodbabe:

I googled and didn't find anything....

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

RobinChristine
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:01 PM

That happened  about 5 months ago in Ohio. the system justshut down statewide

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)