Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New North Korea video shows ‘defeat’ of U.S. troops

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:44 AM
  • 15 Replies

New North Korea video shows ‘defeat' of U.S. troops

(click link to see video)

Rocket fire seen in a North Korea propaganda video (YouTube)

North Korea has submitted yet another entry to its ongoing propaganda film festival. This time, it has released a video that threatens an attack on U.S. forces using "powerful weapons of mass destruction" and depicts an invasion of Seoul in which 150,000 American citizens are taken hostage.

Posted on North Korea's official Uriminzokkiri website and YouTube channel, the video comes less than a week after one showing the White House in its crosshairs and the explosion of the U.S. Capitol building.

The film, titled "A Short, Three-Day War," opens with rockets firing into South Korea from the north followed by thousands of North Korean troops crossing the border.

"The crack storm troops will occupy Seoul and other cities and take 150,000 U.S. citizens as hostages," a narrator says in a voice-over, according to a translation by the Telegraph.

Last month, North Korea produced a bizarre video of a dream sequence that imagined a U.S. city resembling New York under an apparent missile attack and the Empire State Building shown in flames. The soundtrack to that three-and-a-half-minute video was an instrumental version of "We Are the World," and the attack footage appeared to have been taken from the video game "Modern Warfare 3." It was eventually removed from YouTube.

Watch North Korea's latest propaganda video: 

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/north-korea-video-propaganda-us-troops-rockets-125355219.html

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jehosoba84
by Jenn on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:03 PM

They can keep dreaming. The U.S. conquered in 3 days? Pfff. It's laughable, and yet at the same time sad that they actually believe this.  Don't they know the U.S. does not negotiate with kidnappers?

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:19 PM

If they started a war it could quite conceivably be a 3 day war... but not in their favor...

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:24 PM

This is so the couple hundred North Koreans who living in PyongYang can continue on under the illusion that the DPNK is a powerful nation that can defeat the US, as opposed to what it really is - a nation starving to death.

gludwig2000
by Gina on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:54 PM
2 moms liked this

I actually feel really sorry for the people living in North Korea, because they have no real idea of what is going on in the world, and are being indoctrinated to believe only what their leaders want them to believe. Its really sad when you think about it.

4g4b
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Well lets all pray they don't figure out that oN e critical blow to power as in electricity in this country would be an open door. not to sound UN American its just that ee are not with out our weaknesses 9/11 perfect example of how small people brought us to our knees. Plus there is arrogance to think about. And our complete inability to work together. Yeah way to stand tall America :\
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Billiejeens
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting gludwig2000:

I actually feel really sorry for the people living in North Korea, because they have no real idea of what is going on in the world, and are being indoctrinated to believe only what their leaders want them to believe. Its really sad when you think about it.

Oh the irony.
Billiejeens
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Quoting 4g4b:

Well lets all pray they don't figure out that oN e critical blow to power as in electricity in this country would be an open door. not to sound UN American its just that ee are not with out our weaknesses 9/11 perfect example of how small people brought us to our knees. Plus there is arrogance to think about. And our complete inability to work together. Yeah way to stand tall America :\

With a completely unamerican president in office like we have now, it might not take three days.
Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:12 PM

All they need is a good hacker.

Quoting 4g4b:

gludwig2000
by Gina on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:42 PM
So, because we don't agree on every little political thing, I'm indoctrinated? Okay, if you say so but just realize that from my point of view, I could say the same thing about you. Luckily, we live in America, where we can disagree with each other and our govenment with no fear of the military police knocking down our door and dragging us off never to be seen again. And we also have the option to research things for ourselves, with access to more than Government approved sources. Imagine if everything you had to read came from the government you seem to detest so much? Not a very nice thought, now is it? The saddest thing is that the people of North Korea don't know anything different or have any other sources.
Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting gludwig2000:

Oh the irony.
Healthystart30
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:51 PM
I know this is off topic but my husband showed me a 60 minutes clip of this man that escaped a camp in North Korea! The things he talked about are unimaginable to me! His mother and brother were executed in front of him and he didn't feel anything because he thought they deserved it for breaking the rules of the camp.
I don't really see how they would even be able to take down The US.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured