Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

U.S. Gov. Fighting to deny Asylum to German Homeschool

Posted by   + Show Post
Still having problems with CM's site. I heard about this on the news a day ago. I found this very interesting. A German family came over to the U.S. so they can homeschool their children. In Germany the Gov. probids homeschooling in most cases. In Germany their reasons appears to be that the Gov. wants to prohibit people who think differently from the Gov. on religious or philosophical grounds (from growing & developing into a force in society). Our Gov. only will let someone stay here if they have fear of danger in their own Country. Here's a few articles on this case. What are your thoughts? http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/u.s.-government-fighting-to-deny-asylum-to-german-homeschool-family http://www.hslda.org/does/news/2013/201302110.asp
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Replies (151-159):
Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I have heard that Wiki isn't a reliable source. I was just stating what I read after I googled something about immigration. In regards to this case, I have read already a few articles & they have said this family had their visas & that they won their case in our courts, therefore getting that asylum. They did it legally. I'm just wondering why our DOJ is fighting against this now.
Quoting Billiejeens:

There are no circumstances where going to Wiki is the proper course of action.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Billiejeens, I found it while reading Wiki on immigration. Perhaps, it isn't true. I will have to continue reading more on this issue. So, basically everyone that enters our Country needs to have their visas already. Even if they come here to visit their families. Then, going by that, those that are here without proper papers are illegals. What I read on Wiki, they are called "undocumented immigrants" within that 6 mo. period.
Quoting Billiejeens:

You have "come for 6 months" stuck in your head.

I don't know where you got that, one can come for various reasons - all need to be documented, study visa, work visa, etc,etc.

You can't come for 6 seconds illegally, without being illegal.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Thank-You for posting this info. Billiejeens. From what I read about U.S. immigration is sometimes confusing. So, I'm thinking that before a person comes into this Country & planning on staying they need to have their visa. A person can come here & visit with their families up to 6 mos. So, I'm thinking that anyone that sneaks across our borders are doing it illegally. Therefore, a lot of caught by our Border Patrols. What I'm wondering though, is if someone is just coming in to visit a relative or vacation here, (even though they are sneaking in) how is that illegal? If someone can come here & stay for 6 mos. I would say then, why sneak in. Just come across our borders & tell the Border Patrols you are just visiting a relative.

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Because they never met the criteria in the first place, and because not agreeing with the laws of your country which are justly applied to everyone in that country does not qualify you for asylum. And it's a very dangerous precedent to set.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

I have heard that Wiki isn't a reliable source. I was just stating what I read after I googled something about immigration. In regards to this case, I have read already a few articles & they have said this family had their visas & that they won their case in our courts, therefore getting that asylum. They did it legally. I'm just wondering why our DOJ is fighting against this now.
Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Billiejeens, I found it while reading Wiki on immigration. Perhaps, it isn't true. I will have to continue reading more on this issue. So, basically everyone that enters our Country needs to have their visas already. Even if they come here to visit their families. Then, going by that, those that are here without proper papers are illegals. What I read on Wiki, they are called "undocumented immigrants" within that 6 mo. period.
Quoting Billiejeens:

I don't know where you got that, one can come for various reasons - all need to be documented, study visa, work visa, etc,etc.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Thank-You for posting this info. Billiejeens. From what I read about U.S. immigration is sometimes confusing. So, I'm thinking that before a person comes into this Country & planning on staying they need to have their visa. A person can come here & visit with their families up to 6 mos. So, I'm thinking that anyone that sneaks across our borders are doing it illegally. Therefore, a lot of caught by our Border Patrols. What I'm wondering though, is if someone is just coming in to visit a relative or vacation here, (even though they are sneaking in) how is that illegal? If someone can come here & stay for 6 mos. I would say then, why sneak in. Just come across our borders & tell the Border Patrols you are just visiting a relative.

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this
autodidact, I have just read through several articles on this case. In 2010 this family has already been granted by U.S. Immigration Judge Lawrence Burman. So, I think it's wrong for our Gov./DOJ to now fight this. This family has came here the right way. So, why deport them now? Just I don't see why our DOJ fighting so hard to fight in this case. Yet, we have 10-11M illegals living in our Country & nothing is being done about that.
Quoting autodidact:

Because they never met the criteria in the first place, and because not agreeing with the laws of your country which are justly applied to everyone in that country does not qualify you for asylum. And it's a very dangerous precedent to set.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:28 PM

so billijeans, you don't have anything to support you claim about this administration and homeschooling!

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

They didn't qualify in the first place so it's reasonable to rescind it. As for illegals it's not true that nothing is being done it's already been pointed out in this thread that more are being deported than ever before at the same time the numbers incoming are decreasing.
Quoting Naturewoman4:

autodidact, I have just read through several articles on this case. In 2010 this family has already been granted by U.S. Immigration Judge Lawrence Burman. So, I think it's wrong for our Gov./DOJ to now fight this. This family has came here the right way. So, why deport them now? Just I don't see why our DOJ fighting so hard to fight in this case. Yet, we have 10-11M illegals living in our Country & nothing is being done about that.
Quoting autodidact:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Bump- again for comparison

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:10 AM

I thought our borders were open to all......isn't that what they keep saying?  Why would we turn away people that are willing to integrate into our society, pay taxes and not live on the govt dole?

candlegal
by Judy on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:30 AM
because they do not have the right skin color

Quoting yourspecialkid:

I thought our borders were open to all......isn't that what they keep saying?  Why would we turn away people that are willing to integrate into our society, pay taxes and not live on the govt dole?

Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Partially true.

However in this case the fact that they wish to make a case for Homeschooling is problematic, because the Government absolutely does not want any precedent that hoomschooling is a right.

Quoting candlegal: because they do not have the right skin color
Quoting yourspecialkid:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN