Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Okay. You ladies are usually honest, and with the current situations going on and how females are treated... I thought I'd get your take. **eta

Posted by   + Show Post

If a man. Whether it be your father, husband, or SO says the following... How would you quantify the statement or take it? 

"The point being is that she is a typical stupid female trick."

(I am purposely leaving out the details leading up to the comment. I just want to know what that statement says to you, or what it would mean to you, if a man said this to you, about you, or you overheard it. I'll fill in the details later. )

Your honest response is more than appreciated. Thanks. ;-) 

EDIT* okay so it was my father. Yes my own dad. In front of about 20 people I don't know from Adam and some family around a camp fire. He was wasted. I hate him when he is drunk. To me there is still no excuse for saying something so incredibly terrible about your daughter which isn't true, and even if it was? Just awful. 

It was my Aunts b-day. He was trying to get people to tell stories about her. Someone heard me say Jäger which is my dogs name and they thought I like Jaegermeister. I said, no! I learned that lesson in college. It makes me gag. So the guy pressured me to share the story of why I don't drink Jaegermeister with everyone because  MY DAD is the one who wanted to tell stories. 

I explained that in college my dorm had rented out a club for a Halloween party. The bartender told me if I would dance up in the "cat cages" he would give me free drinks. I always danced in the cat cages because EVERYONE knows that is the safest place in a club. If a guy tries to climb up, you can put a heel in his face. On the floor they grab at you. To me that is just smart. Never mind the fact I was a dancer my whole life, and my dad clearly knows that. I was never a "loose" girl. Whatever that means. Why does he make me feel like I am 16 again? 

The bartender gave me a mind eraser, and the jäger bombs. I didn't last long. I had to be taken home and all I remembered was puking Jaegermeister that night. Thus why I don't drink it. 

My dads comment was exactly what I originally stated. In front of all of these people. Worse? I happened to be standing right in the middle because I was putting more wood in the fire, so I was center stage. You should have seen the look on their faces. It was mortifying. So hurtful. What an ass. 

My parents are divorced, but I immediately texted my mom and sister. My mom tried to say maybe he didn't mean it the way it sounded. I think that's bullshit. My sister also agreed it was meant exactly as I took it. 

How would you handle the situation? Clearly I did not handle it this weekend, but it must be addressed. He wonders why I usually opt out of family events? Point.in.case. 

What do you say to someone like that? 

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Replies (11-20):
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:15 PM

I didn't roll my eyes. I was too busy fighting back tears. But I didn't say a word either. Not sure if I should have, or if my non response was better. 

Quoting jehosoba84:

This man has a low opinion of women in general.

If someone said this to/about me, I'd roll my eyes and walk away. It's too absurd to dignify it with a retort.

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Maybe my pounding headache is dulling my senses right now.  But since you didn't include any context with that remark, I'm afraid I can't coment on it.....I don't get it.

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:17 PM

That is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I have never heard the word "trick" used to describe anything but a hooker either. 

Quoting jehosoba84:

I edited that comment. The only time I've heard the term 'trick' is in a movie and it was referring to loose women.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Can you explain that a little further? Are you assuming he was talking about a loose woman? 

Quoting jehosoba84:

This man has a low opinion of loose women.

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:17 PM

If this was your husband/SO, I'd definitely pull him aside and tell him that in this particular decade, that is a sexist and degrading comment.  Sexist towards women (no matter how lose) and degrading to you both, because it makes him look like an ass and you look like a woman who married an ass.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

I didn't roll my eyes. I was too busy fighting back tears. But I didn't say a word either. Not sure if I should have, or if my non response was better. 

Quoting jehosoba84:

If someone said this to/about me, I'd roll my eyes and walk away. It's too absurd to dignify it with a retort.

jupiter5
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:18 PM

hooker  pulled a fast one on  a stupid horny man.

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I purposely didn't. I need to know what that statement would mean to you at face value. 

Quoting grandmab125:

Maybe my pounding headache is dulling my senses right now.  But since you didn't include any context with that remark, I'm afraid I can't coment on it.....I don't get it.

parentalrights1
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:18 PM
I automatically they thy are an asshole with no respect or understanding of women. Just the fact they would call a female a trick is enough.

I remember my stepdad bitching about feminism just because a song on the radio was on about a woman praising her mother. How dare that feminist whore not mention all the good dads out there in the same breathe
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gludwig2000
by Gina on Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:19 PM

"The point being is that she is a typical stupid female trick."

That statement tells me that they have absolutely no respect for the female in question. The word typical thrown in there tells me that they believe and feel that way of most females.

GOBryan
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:19 PM

She is a stupid slut. Doesn't care for the person he's commenting in that fashion. 

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:19 PM

It was certainly not my husband. I will explain in a few. 

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

If this was your husband/SO, I'd definitely pull him aside and tell him that in this particular decade, that is a sexist and degrading comment.  Sexist towards women (no matter how lose) and degrading to you both, because it makes him look like an ass and you look like a woman who married an ass.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting jehosoba84:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)