Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

italian courts order amanda knox to be retried

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:44 AM
  • 34 Replies
And Rome officials have also ordered her boyfriend to be retried.

What do you think? Should our due process system protect her?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:48 AM

I stopped watching when I saw that she was realeased due to evidence. Why would our country extradite her to Italy?

carlyshort
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:51 AM
I think she is here in the US. The ruling was announced just a few hours ago. Idk what our country will do.

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

I stopped watching when I saw that she was realeased due to evidence. Why would our country extradite her to Italy?

Rubberbiscuit
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:52 AM

It's sad and it's got to be frightening for her.  Unfortunately, this is the system of justice in Italy and US law shouldn't supercede Italian law.  If we started to enforce US law on foreign soil, that would open up a huge can of worms for other countries to try to enforce their laws on US soil.  I am really sad for her and hope she gets a fair trial. 

Ktina11
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Italy may ask for the US help to bring her back. However, we will all just have to wait until they can get their act together to see where this goes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
btamilee
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:53 AM

I am really confused by this, our local news was talking about the fact that someone else has already been convicted of the murder, and is currently in jail for it, so if this is true....how can they order her to a retrial?

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:54 AM
3 moms liked this
If she is back in the US, then No, we should not comply. If she is in any other country she needs to get her ass to an Embassy.
edelweiss23
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:54 AM
I watched the whole trial and read as much as I could about what happened.
I honestly don't believe that she did it.
Yeah, she did a lot if stupid mistakes, but in my opinion, she didn't kill the other girl.
Ktina11
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:55 AM
The consider her the mastermind behind the murder. The italian media made her out to be a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Quoting btamilee:

I am really confused by this, our local news was talking about the fact that someone else has already been convicted of the murder, and is currently in jail for it, so if this is true....how can they order her to a retrial?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carlyshort
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I just think she should be protected by her American rights, especially if she is here right now.
btamilee
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:01 AM

Hmmmm...did she even know the person convicted of the murder?  Has he claimed she was involved?  I lost track of the case a while ago, so I haven't heard any of the newest details.  I did not even realize that someone else had been convicted of the murder until I heard it yesterday.

Quoting Ktina11:

The consider her the mastermind behind the murder. The italian media made her out to be a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Quoting btamilee:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured