Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Daughter of Brunswick victim, Sherry West, questions mother's story

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:48 AM
  • 23 Replies

Daughter of Brunswick victim, Sherry West, questions mother's story

Complete Coverage: Infant Murdered in Brunswick

Lawyer: Teen accused in baby death is '1000%' innocent

Daughter of Brunswick victim questions mother's story

Suspect families say teens are innocent of murder

Baby murder suspects expected in court

Brunswick community prays for healing and forgiveness

Police: Anonymous tip led to arrest in Brunswick toddler-killing

Police release 911 calls in baby-killing

Brunswick pastor apologizes for violence

Brunswick shooting could be related to gang activity

Brunswick father grieves over loss

911 callers pleaded for help for baby shot in Brunswick

2 teens arrested in killing of Brunswick baby

Memorial to murdered baby brings prayers, tears

Baby murder investigation continues after arrests

Police serve search warrants in baby murder

Security beefed up at schools after baby killing

Slain baby's mother loses 2 sons to violence

Mother of slain child speaks out

Police check attendance records in search for baby killers

BRUNSWICK, Fla. -- As the investigation into the shooting death of a 13-month-old Brunswick toddler continues, some people are beginning to question the mother who's child was shot and killed during a morning walk.

The daughter of Sherry West, Ashley Glassey, said she does not want to falsely accuse anyone but she wants the truth.

Glassey, 21, lives in New Jersey and said her mother lost custody of her when she was 8. She said she has forgiven her mom and has spoken to her every day since Thursday's shooting but said some of her mother's responses have her concerned.

Glassey said she started to have her doubts after receiving a phone call from her mother telling her that her brother, Antonio Santiago, had been killed. She claims the night of the shooting her mother asked, "How soon do you think life insurance policy will send me a check?"

Glassey tells First Coast News she hopes her suspicions are wrong but based on conversations with her mother she's not sure. Glassey described their discussions by saying her mother is crying one minute and then sounds fine the next.

"I spoke with the detectives and investigators and the evidence leads to many witnesses, not just me," said Sherry West, mother of the 13-month-old that was killed last Thursday morning.

Glassey says her mother is bipolar and has schizophrenic tendencies. She believes her mother is on medication but could not tell me any prescriptions specifically.

"She changed her story she told me the baby was shot first and then she told me she was shot first," said Glassey.

Sherry West maintains her story.

"They shot my baby in the head and I had to watch him die and I want that boy to die."

Glassey said she has contacted the Brunswick Police Department and no one has called her back. First Coast News contacted police to ask why, buy have yet to receive a response.

Police have not suggested that Sherry West is a suspect in this case.

Two teens are currently facing the murder charges.

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DropZoneMom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:53 AM
4 moms liked this

I've been saying all week that something is 'off' about the mother's story.   Obviously, I wasn't there & don't know what actually happened.   It's just a feeling.   Regardless, if MY child was murdered in such a horrific way, I'd have to be sedated and wouldn't be able to get out of bed -- I certainly wouldn't be making media rounds.   

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I would hate to say she was lying..but her story has always been odd...

The fact that they teens allegedly shot the baby in the FACE and her in the leg?? weird

and her comment AFTER the teens being arrested:

West said detectives showed her mugshots of about 24 young men. She pointed to one, saying he looked like the gunman.

"After I picked him, they said they had him in custody," West said. "It looked just like him. So I think we got our man."

West said she thought the other suspect looked much younger: "That little boy did not look 14."

Quoting DropZoneMom:

I've been saying all week that something is 'off' about the mother's story.   Obviously, I wasn't there & don't know what actually happened.   It's just a feeling.   Regardless, if MY child was murdered in such a horrific way, I'd have to be sedated and wouldn't be able to get out of bed -- I certainly wouldn't be making media rounds.   

lisairv
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Wow...either way, this story is messed up but if the mother was involved, she needs to rot in a cell too...

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:29 PM
2 moms liked this
This story has sounded fishy from the beginning...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Why won't I be surprise next week when the mother get arrested?

:/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

she has also bagged all the baby's things and given them away by Saturday...

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

The story has sounded fishy from the beginning. I hope it's not true but it would make sense.

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Really?? How in the hell do people do that??

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

she has also bagged all the baby's things and given them away by Saturday...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)