Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

President Obama Designates Five New National Monuments For His Personal Use

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:55 PM
  • 21 Replies

(PP)- Monday President Barack Hussein Obama used the Antiquities Act in order to designate five new national monuments which will be set aside for his personal use after he leaves the White House.

1The five locations are Augusta National Golf Course in Georgia;  California’s Pebble Beach Golf Links and the Riviera Country Club; The Chicago Golf Club in Wheaton, Illinois; and The Turtle Bay Resort in Hawaii.

“President Obama is concerned that he may be excluded from a few of his favorite golf courses after he leaves office,” said White House spokesman Art Carney. “We really aren’t sure how well the country is going to fare over the next four years, so he wanted to make that the golf courses remain his own private playgrounds while he can still issue executive orders.”

Over the past four years Obama rarely invoked the Antiquities Act, which gives him the authority to protect federal lands without congressional approval. The President may have been hesitant to act because first lady Michelle Obama often suggested that there was little to be proud of in this country.

All of the locations except Augusta will also become home to Mrs. Obama’s new business venture planned to open in 2016 called First Lady Charm Schools.

House Republicans have been concerned that the President would use the act for his own personal benefit, and threatened to repeal the Act altogether after an internal Interior Department list of possible monument designations became public.

2“President Obama has said that the courses will be available to lesser Americans when he is not using them,” said a senior Congressional intern. “Seeing the way he has treated most of his promises to Republican leaders, we are going to require that his promise is put in writing.”

Left wing environmentalists groups that depend on government grants praised the president’s move, noting that the last Congress was the first since 1966 too fail to designate a single piece of wilderness.

“President Obama has taken an important step in protecting America’s outdoor heritage and honoring our nation’s history,” said Brian O’Donnell, executive director of the Conservation Lands Foundation. “These designations came in response to locally driven efforts and we are grateful for President Obama’s leadership in advancing conservation at a time when it’s desperately needed.”

The Palookaville post has learned that President Obama has plans to designate additional locations as National Monuments for his private use, and the proposals  are said to include full funding for the next 100 years. Details for the monuments were not disclosed, but they are said to be located outside of the United States in Iran, North Korea, Venezuela and Kenya.

The Paperboy

source

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
autodidact
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:57 PM
3 moms liked this

eye rollingyou've run out of real things to bitch about, moving on to fantasy now?

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:07 PM
2 moms liked this

This is what passes for humor to you Candlegal? O.o

This site is actually more credible than some of the other sites you have linked to so I shouldn't be complaining.

You should try www.theonion.com

Much better written and often funny. Though it doesn't just focus on trying to make democrats/liberals look bad so you might not be interested.

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:09 PM

link to a real source please.

12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:13 PM

rolling on floor

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Lol, once marriage equality becomes the law of the land what else will she have?

Oops! Besides I Hate Obama posts, there is the related I Hate Democrats, abortion is evil, etc. 

Guess she'll just be as busy as ever.

furbabymum
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:15 PM
2 moms liked this

I've a problem with stupid postings like this because stupid people will believe them.

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Two humor fails this morning. Maybe try again...third time's the charm. :D 

katy_kay08
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:16 PM

well they won't be lonely since stupid people post them.  

Quoting furbabymum:

I've a problem with stupid postings like this because stupid people will believe them.

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Oh come on, this is kinda funny.

furbabymum
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:25 PM

It's just a big enough pain in the ass to sort through reliable sources. Add stories like this and The Onion and it's a real pain in the arse. I've no idea how many times I've seen an onion article posted as truth, started reading and getting shocked and then reading the source going, DAMN IT TIME WASTER!

Quoting katy_kay08:

well they won't be lonely since stupid people post them.  

Quoting furbabymum:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN