Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

How Anti-Same Sex Marriage people will look in 40 years.

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Replies (11-20):
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:58 PM

LOL

Quoting autodidact:

oh, please do cite alien language Ann heche as evidence of ANYTHING. 

or are you trying to tell us you find women hot and CHOSE your fine upstanding heterosexual mariage?

Quoting TranquilMind:

Except that immutable characteristics  like RACE are totally unlike mutable characteristics like sexual behavior. (as I just said to someone, Anne Heche, anyone - oh, but we don't speak of her, because it doesn't suit our agenda)   Not remotely the same and never will be, no matter how often liberals scream that it is.

Very soon, we will have groups contending that they deserve "marriage equality" just like couples, because who are we to deny them their happiness?  And on down the slippery slope. 

The ones who can't envision this are the really stupid ones we will be talking about in years to come. 

Neon Washable Paint

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:00 PM

It is hypocritical, only if you consider marriage to consist of any two people.   

If you consider marriage only to be marriage - a man and a woman joined together in a holy union, then divorced conservatives are not hypocritical to decline to redefine marriage.  Two separate issues. For example, women who cheat on their husbands can still uphold the standard of a faithful marriage, even if they aren't living to it. 

Quoting NWP:

Yep....Been together with DH a quarter of a century here.

We are a raging liberal couple who support Gay Marriage.

I know sooooooooo many divorced conservative folks who do not. Seems hypocritical to me.

That's all.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Working on it here, for about a quarter of a century now....but I agree that it's up to each one to do his part. 

That doesn't mean we should abandon all reason though, simply because some have been unfaithful in marriage. 

Quoting NWP:

LOL pretty much...I am particularly taken with your top pic and the protester who states "One Man, One Woman for Life." Maybe conservative heterosexuals should work on making this a truth before turning on others?

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:01 PM
4 moms liked this
Polyamory and multiple partner marriages are in the Bible. Honestly I couldn't care less if a group wants to marry, as long as all the partners are fully consenting (meaning no brain washed 13 year olds).

I'll talk about Anne Heche. No she's obviously not a lesbian, but she is bisexual. Realistically if she and Ellen had been able to marry, and later divorced, how is that any different than, oh say, Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey? Or any other couple who divorces? Perhaps if they had been married, they'd have worked harder to stay together.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Except that immutable characteristics  like RACE are totally unlike mutable characteristics like sexual behavior. (as I just said to someone, Anne Heche, anyone - oh, but we don't speak of her, because it doesn't suit our agenda)   Not remotely the same and never will be, no matter how often liberals scream that it is.

Very soon, we will have groups contending that they deserve "marriage equality" just like couples, because who are we to deny them their happiness?  And on down the slippery slope. 

The ones who can't envision this are the really stupid ones we will be talking about in years to come. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Annettey19
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:02 PM
4 moms liked this

Yep! Very true. Honestly I cannot fathom why anyone is against marriage equality. Someone else being able to get married has no affect on you at ALL.

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:03 PM
4 moms liked this
I have to say, those people already look stupid (the ones holding the signs). What it should say, and would hopefully be true is 'Imagine how stupid you are going to FEEL in 40 years.'
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheQueenOfChaos
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I saw a quote today that made me chuckle I can't find the pic but basically it said "If you say being gay is a choice, then that means you are also choosing to be straight which means you're suppressing your innermost desires to be gay" a friend went on to add that also meant gays were suppressing their desire to be straight making us complete opposites and invalidating all marriages based on deceptive practice.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Annettey19
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

What other groups will be contending they need marriage equality?

Quoting TranquilMind:

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:06 PM
4 moms liked this

Why do you bring up Holy?

No one really cares about religious ceremonies.

I have never heard a homosexual person say, "I wish we could get same sex marriages legalized so I can have a priest approved of this". They just want to be married in the eyes of the government. To be able to see their partners in hospitals. And other issues that come up that are alloted to married couples that are not alowed for same sex partners at the moment.

And whatever definition they used for marriage. We can change it to end discrimination.

The government is not like a religious book that cannot change once it is outdated.

Quoting TranquilMind:

It is hypocritical, only if you consider marriage to consist of any two people.   

If you consider marriage only to be marriage - a man and a woman joined together in a holy union, then divorced conservatives are not hypocritical to decline to redefine marriage.  Two separate issues. For example, women who cheat on their husbands can still uphold the standard of a faithful marriage, even if they aren't living to it. 

Quoting NWP:

Yep....Been together with DH a quarter of a century here.

We are a raging liberal couple who support Gay Marriage.

I know sooooooooo many divorced conservative folks who do not. Seems hypocritical to me.

That's all.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Working on it here, for about a quarter of a century now....but I agree that it's up to each one to do his part. 

That doesn't mean we should abandon all reason though, simply because some have been unfaithful in marriage. 

Quoting NWP:

LOL pretty much...I am particularly taken with your top pic and the protester who states "One Man, One Woman for Life." Maybe conservative heterosexuals should work on making this a truth before turning on others?

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Don't be ridiculous and attempt to divert the point.

The point was that Anne Heche was with Ellen for years , before she came to her senses, got married to a man and had a child (they divorced when she had an affair then had another guy's kid).  Sure, she is messed up, like half of America because of childhood issues.

But she wasn't "born that way".   She made choices that seemed to make sense at the time.    Sexual choices are just that....choices. 

Quoting autodidact:

or are you trying to tell us you find women hot and CHOSE your fine upstanding heterosexual mariage?

Quoting TranquilMind:

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:08 PM
2 moms liked this

When did you choose to be straight and how did you make that judgement? Do you still like females and have to actively fight that desire?

Quoting TranquilMind:

Don't be ridiculous and attempt to divert the point.

The point was that Anne Heche was with Ellen for years , before she came to her senses, got married to a man and had a child (they divorced when she had an affair then had another guy's kid).  Sure, she is messed up, like half of America because of childhood issues.

But she wasn't "born that way".   She made choices that seemed to make sense at the time.    Sexual choices are just that....choices. 

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting TranquilMind:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)