Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

How Anti-Same Sex Marriage people will look in 40 years.

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Replies (251-253):
brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 4:02 PM

There is the difference between you and I.

Science, biology and logic are things I accept. Unlike you, I won't look at any of those and just wish it out of existance.

Unlike you I won't say, "They can never prove that because I don't believe it". That is not logical. That is not how science works. And that is not how Biology works.

I am proving points. You are parroting the party line which seems to boil down to, "I don't want to believe it so I will refuse anything that supports it".

Quoting TranquilMind:

Yeah, whatever.

What is really sad is that you think that people who support your view are doing it because it's logical, and that you are "proving" anything at all.  You aren't.  You are simply parroting what the party line. 

Science, biology and logic will never support that view. 

But don't let the facts confuse you.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

No. What she is stating is plainly obvious. You are just refusing to see it because it proves you wrong.

As I pointed when I said we don't know what every gene in the human biome does yet. So for you to state that there is no "gay" gene does not make it so.

You can claim we haven't discovered one yet but you cannot say there is not one. Not untill we figure out what each gene does.

The logic you are using is the same kind of logic people used to claim the world is flat.

The world is flat. And you cannot prove it isn't flat because if you tried you would fall over.

That is exactly what you sound like when you say, "No gay gene will ever be found, because humans are hardwired to be heterosexual".

You sound exactly like someone who would be claiming the world is flat. And just like that view will end up outdated and look silly to people in the future. So will your claim.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Random, illogical comparison, much?

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Lol.  You are proving nothing, simply restating your faulty premises, and are now simply parroting my phrasing. You don't accept, nor even understand human biology or logic, clearly

I'm out.  Got better things to do.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Science, biology and logic are things I accept. Unlike you, I won't look at any of those and just wish it out of existance.

Unlike you I won't say, "They can never prove that because I don't believe it". That is not logical. That is not how science works. And that is not how Biology works.

I am proving points. You are parroting the party line which seems to boil down to, "I don't want to believe it so I will refuse anything that supports it".

Quoting TranquilMind:

Yeah, whatever.

What is really sad is that you think that people who support your view are doing it because it's logical, and that you are "proving" anything at all.  You aren't.  You are simply parroting what the party line. 

Quoting brookiecookie87:

No. What she is stating is plainly obvious. You are just refusing to see it because it proves you wrong.

As I pointed when I said we don't know what every gene in the human biome does yet. So for you to state that there is no "gay" gene does not make it so.

You can claim we haven't discovered one yet but you cannot say there is not one. Not untill we figure out what each gene does.

The logic you are using is the same kind of logic people used to claim the world is flat.

The world is flat. And you cannot prove it isn't flat because if you tried you would fall over.

That is exactly what you sound like when you say, "No gay gene will ever be found, because humans are hardwired to be heterosexual".

You sound exactly like someone who would be claiming the world is flat. And just like that view will end up outdated and look silly to people in the future. So will your claim.

Quoting TranquilMind:

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Again. You refuse to answer it.

If you agree that you choose to be straight at a certain age. You are implying choosing your orientation is natural. If you admit you were always straight you are admitting that your orientation is naturally the way it is.

Either way you answer-It is showing that being homosexual is no different than heterosexual.

I can see why you don't want to answer it.

Your claim that no gay gene will ever be found because you don't want to believe it makes no sense and goes completely against logic.

Logic would imply if a gay gene is found there would be absolute proof of it's existence. Your desire for it to be not true doesn't mean it will not be true. Again. That makes you seem exactly like someone who thinks the world is flat and tells others, "You will never disprove the world is flat because if you tried you would fall off". And that logic worked untill someone proved it wrong.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Lol.  You are proving nothing, simply restating your faulty premises, and are now simply parroting my phrasing. You don't accept, nor even understand human biology or logic, clearly

I'm out.  Got better things to do.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting TranquilMind:

Yeah, whatever.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting TranquilMind:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN