Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

How Anti-Same Sex Marriage people will look in 40 years.

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Replies (31-40):
Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:24 PM
What does bisexual Ann Heshe have to do with anything? She doesn't fit your notion of "gay"?

Why do you care who wants to get married?
Assuming all involved are consenting adults.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Except that immutable characteristics  like RACE are totally unlike mutable characteristics like sexual behavior. (as I just said to someone, Anne Heche, anyone - oh, but we don't speak of her, because it doesn't suit our agenda)   Not remotely the same and never will be, no matter how often liberals scream that it is.

Very soon, we will have groups contending that they deserve "marriage equality" just like couples, because who are we to deny them their happiness?  And on down the slippery slope. 

The ones who can't envision this are the really stupid ones we will be talking about in years to come. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:26 PM

You said it was a choice. She asked when did you choose to be straight. That's not an illogical question based on what you said. 

We "all" didn't notice. Some agree with you, others disagree. It's not a good idea to use "all" unless it actually applies. I'm speaking with respect here, I do like you as a person and we'll probably always disagree on this but agree in other areas.

Quoting TranquilMind

Lol.  Nice try..I get it.  When your point is logically bereft, come out swinging nonsense at your opponent and maybe people won't notice that you've got nothing..

Sorry...we all noticed. 

We all also made a choice of what we were going to do with our lives - and who we were going to have relationships with too,  by the way, unless someone was holding a gun to your head, in which case I hope you called the police.  

Quoting brookiecookie87:

When did you choose to be straight and how did you make that judgement? Do you still like females and have to actively fight that desire?

Quoting TranquilMind:

Don't be ridiculous and attempt to divert the point.

The point was that Anne Heche was with Ellen for years , before she came to her senses, got married to a man and had a child (they divorced when she had an affair then had another guy's kid).  Sure, she is messed up, like half of America because of childhood issues.

But she wasn't "born that way".   She made choices that seemed to make sense at the time.    Sexual choices are just that....choices.

Quoting autodidact:

oh, please do cite alien language Ann heche as evidence of ANYTHING. 

or are you trying to tell us you find women hot and CHOSE your fine upstanding heterosexual mariage?

Quoting TranquilMind:

Except that immutable characteristics  like RACE are totally unlike mutable characteristics like sexual behavior. (as I just said to someone, Anne Heche, anyone - oh, but we don't speak of her, because it doesn't suit our agenda)   Not remotely the same and never will be, no matter how often liberals scream that it is.

Very soon, we will have groups contending that they deserve "marriage equality" just like couples, because who are we to deny them their happiness?  And on down the slippery slope. 

The ones who can't envision this are the really stupid ones we will be talking about in years to come. 

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:26 PM
6 moms liked this

Even Lesbians find George Clooney to be sexy. Not all, but some. 

Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Brookie asked her and she mumbled incoherently using the proverbial "nice try" comeback.

She didn't answer the question of course.

Quoting canadianmom1974:

If sexual choices are just choices - then when did you choose to be attracted to men? If it's a choice, then when did you make yours?

And if we are going to use Anne Heche as an example, can we bring in all the men and women who left straight marriage for a same sex partner? Those would speak to the opposite point. That those people CHOSE a straight marriage before 'coming to their senses' and choosing to be who they really are.

Quoting TranquilMind:

The point was that Anne Heche was with Ellen for years , before she came to her senses, got married to a man and had a child (they divorced when she had an affair then had another guy's kid).  Sure, she is messed up, like half of America because of childhood issues.

But she wasn't "born that way".   She made choices that seemed to make sense at the time.    Sexual choices are just that....choices. 

Quoting autodidact:

or are you trying to tell us you find women hot and CHOSE your fine upstanding heterosexual mariage?

Quoting TranquilMind:

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Methinks you won't enjoy being on the wrong side of history.

Shrugs. Your kind is going by the wayside thank god.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:36 PM

And aren't a WHOLE bunch of conservatives whining that President Obama could just as easily choose to be white.

LOL. So much for 'immutable.'

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Valid point. An aunt of mine did that. 

Quoting canadianmom1974:
If sexual choices are just choices - then when did you choose to be attracted to men? If it's a choice, then when did you make yours?
And if we are going to use Anne Heche as an example, can we bring in all the men and women who left straight marriage for a same sex partner? Those would speak to the opposite point. That those people CHOSE a straight marriage before 'coming to their senses' and choosing to be who they really are.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting TranquilMind:

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Well gee. You just used my argument. The one someone elso told me was nonsensical.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

You do realize they are not fighting to force every priest to marry same sex couples, right? They are fighting for the right to be married.

That is a HUGE difference and apparently one you do not see.

There are plenty of priest that will marry same sex couples, and plenty of judges that will do it as well. But it is not legal. If all this was about was "holy" mumbojumbo and, scriptures they would already be allowed to get married.

But it's not. It's about laws and our government.

No one cares about the holy part, or the scriptures. We care about government, and equality.

Like I said earlier. No one is asking you (or anyone) to change their scriptures. We are asking our government to change the law to allow same sex couples to marry.

Government documents are not like religious text. The words and definitions they use could change.

And if you are claiming your religion and your scriptures for ther eason we should deny these people the ability to get married that is just fuel for the reason the definition needs to be changed.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Well, duh....why would they want a "holy" union?

That's like a woman who ditches her kids and husband asking if the priest would bless her new shack up relationship. Nope...he won't.   It is scripturally proscribed. 

IF it were really just about rights, documentation could take care of that. 

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Why do you bring up Holy?

No one really cares about religious ceremonies.

I have never heard a homosexual person say, "I wish we could get same sex marriages legalized so I can have a priest approved of this". They just want to be married in the eyes of the government. To be able to see their partners in hospitals. And other issues that come up that are alloted to married couples that are not alowed for same sex partners at the moment.

And whatever definition they used for marriage. We can change it to end discrimination.

The government is not like a religious book that cannot change once it is outdated.

Quoting TranquilMind:

It is hypocritical, only if you consider marriage to consist of any two people.   

If you consider marriage only to be marriage - a man and a woman joined together in a holy union, then divorced conservatives are not hypocritical to decline to redefine marriage.  Two separate issues. For example, women who cheat on their husbands can still uphold the standard of a faithful marriage, even if they aren't living to it. 

Quoting NWP:

Yep....Been together with DH a quarter of a century here.

We are a raging liberal couple who support Gay Marriage.

I know sooooooooo many divorced conservative folks who do not. Seems hypocritical to me.

That's all.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Working on it here, for about a quarter of a century now....but I agree that it's up to each one to do his part. 

That doesn't mean we should abandon all reason though, simply because some have been unfaithful in marriage. 

Quoting NWP:

LOL pretty much...I am particularly taken with your top pic and the protester who states "One Man, One Woman for Life." Maybe conservative heterosexuals should work on making this a truth before turning on others?

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:48 PM
3 moms liked this

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Countries that have legalized SSM have seen a decline in marriage across the board along with a decline in children being raised by 2 parents.  Even the French don't want SSM.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)