Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

she was only 27

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:02 PM
  • 24 Replies
For those who aren't familiar with her or the story tanisha colton went missing a few weeks ago and has turned up dead in a ditch. She leaves behind her mom and 3 small kids here's the link

http://m.wnem.com/w/news-local/story/87869409/

Can't make it clicky because i'm mobile
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
romalove
by Roma on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:06 PM

That's horribly sad.  :-(

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:06 PM

FLINT, MI (WNEM) - A Flint mother of three who went missing nearly two weeks ago, has been found dead in Monroe County.

According to First Lt. Matt Bolger with the Michigan State Police post in Flint, confirmed that 27-year-old Tansiha Colton's body was spotted by a passing motorist in a ditch Monday. Police are treating the case as a homicide. An autopsy is scheduled to be completed in the case.

Bolger also confirms that police have a suspect of interest in custody but that suspect is being held on an unrelated charge.

Searchers canvassed streets and neighborhoods around where she was last seen March 13. That's when authorities say her boyfriend picked her up from work at Heritage Manor Healthcare in Flint Township. That boyfriend is the father of her three children.

Family, friends and even members of the community all stepped up in the last few days to find Colton.

Flint police Lt. Mike Mahan says Colton's boyfriend was taken into custody for questioning. He was jailed for unpaid child support, but then later released. Investigators say there are still plenty of questions they still need answered.

Funeral arraignments are being handled by Serenity Funeral Chapel in Flint. They tell TV5 that any cash or check donations can be paid to Serenity Funeral Chapel, and Citizens Bank, to the Tanisha Colton Fund. Anyone with questions can contact them at 810-787-2225.

WNEM will continue to follow this story and will provide updates as new information is learned.

- Statistics show that the majority of women who are murdered were murdered by a male partner. This is probably another case of domestic violence. 

One reason women don't leave their abusive partners is because they fear for their lives. Too many women have been killed by their partners while trying to leave the relationship. More needs to be done to prevent this. My heart breaks for her. 

I don't know if that is actually what happen. But it's statistically likely. 

mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Thank you so much for making it clicky

Quoting mehamil1:

FLINT, MI (WNEM) - A Flint mother of three who went missing nearly two weeks ago, has been found dead in Monroe County.

According to First Lt. Matt Bolger with the Michigan State Police post in Flint, confirmed that 27-year-old Tansiha Colton's body was spotted by a passing motorist in a ditch Monday. Police are treating the case as a homicide. An autopsy is scheduled to be completed in the case.

Bolger also confirms that police have a suspect of interest in custody but that suspect is being held on an unrelated charge.

Searchers canvassed streets and neighborhoods around where she was last seen March 13. That's when authorities say her boyfriend picked her up from work at Heritage Manor Healthcare in Flint Township. That boyfriend is the father of her three children.

Family, friends and even members of the community all stepped up in the last few days to find Colton.

Flint police Lt. Mike Mahan says Colton's boyfriend was taken into custody for questioning. He was jailed for unpaid child support, but then later released. Investigators say there are still plenty of questions they still need answered.

Funeral arraignments are being handled by Serenity Funeral Chapel in Flint. They tell TV5 that any cash or check donations can be paid to Serenity Funeral Chapel, and Citizens Bank, to the Tanisha Colton Fund. Anyone with questions can contact them at 810-787-2225.

WNEM will continue to follow this story and will provide updates as new information is learned.

- Statistics show that the majority of women who are murdered were murdered by a male partner. This is probably another case of domestic violence. 

One reason women don't leave their abusive partners is because they fear for their lives. Too many women have been killed by their partners while trying to leave the relationship. More needs to be done to prevent this. My heart breaks for her. 

I don't know if that is actually what happen. But it's statistically likely. 

gludwig2000
by Gina on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:09 PM

How horrible that she was found dead, but at least she was found. I believe the worst thing in the world is not knowing what happened to someone you loved, always wondering and hoping that they are okay. I hope that they solve her murder quickly, and that if the suspect they have in custody is responsible that they can prove it. Her poor children.

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:13 PM

how sad...those poor babies

furbabymum
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:17 PM

If it was her BF then I hope he rots in you know what. How selfish to take not only her life but the mother of his children away.

LNLMommy
by Queen K on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Sad! I remember seeing her missing poster on Facebook. Poor children.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:43 PM
I had to share her picture i'd want someone to do the same for me :(

Quoting LNLMommy:

Sad! I remember seeing her missing poster on Facebook. Poor children.

Bigmetalchicken
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:08 PM

I had a former coworker go missing like this.  Her new husband finally admitted that she was going to leave him, so he killed her and dumped her body.

The saddest thing about it was her daughter had begged her not to marry him, had told her she thought he was a bad man.  Her daughter was so right.

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:09 PM

That's awful :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN