Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

after visit to china, duggars consider adopting

Posted by   + Show Post
Did anyone see this this morning on the today show?

Anyone have a opinion on this?

If they adopt, it will make them 20 children.

I think adoption is a wonderful idea.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Replies (71-79):
witchybabymomma
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Those people make me want to puke.

They don't even have time for the kids they have now the older siblings pretty much are raising the younger ones.

Kmary
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:10 AM

From a crowded orphanage to the Duggar home...the adopted children will think they never left China.  Hahaha! 

Ok bad joke.  Anyway, in theory I think adopting is a wonderful, selfless choice.  And I can't deny that a loving home with lots of meaningful interaction (even if it is more from siblings than the parents) would be better than an orphanage.  But specific to the Duggars, I do find the idea to be a bit silly and I absolutely disagree with the way in which they raise their kids.  And I'm not even referring to their religion or the homeschooling.  I have a big problem with the "buddy system" they use to raise their kids.  I see nothing wrong with a family that all pitches in.  Indeed, I babysat my siblings quite a bit growing up.   But their older children literally do all childcare for their younger ones, including tiny babies.  And I don't agree with that.  Their older chlidren are not their hired help. 

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm curious about why they don't take a child out of the foster care system to adopt?
morriganna
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Hells yeah!  Best souvenir EVER!

Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

They have the money to support them, a lot of love to give, strong moral and community values and a strong and suppotive extended family.  All the things I think an adoptive family should have.

halinichols
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:40 PM
They annoy me.
PamR
by Pam on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

There is something wrong with these people.  While I think adoption is a wonderful thing, they have a bazillion children now.  They are middle-aged.  They are grandparents.  This is like some weird hoarding, OCD thing with them - collecting children.  They need to stop.  I hope they aren't able to adopt.  Maybe they can collect dolls or something.

mcginnisc
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting morriganna:

Hells yeah!  Best souvenir EVER!

I know this is sarcastic or a joke, but as someone that has adopted from China..this is really bothering me.. my daughter is not a souvenir. I would hate for her to see this comment...it would truly hurt her that people think this way. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

girlsclubmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:29 PM

I think its wonderful. They are an awesome family with tons of love to give. I thought it was harder to adopt from China these days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)