Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Your response to this..............

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:05 PM
  • 29 Replies

Quote:

1- What has happened to every great civilization on this globe? 2- Each civilization has had its own share of hardships and issues to conquer. 3- Has each civilization overcome these obstacles? 4- George Washington said (and I am paraphrasing) that we- the USA should not go out and seek other countries or their issues. He said this for various reasons, but a main one was that we were an unstable union and needed strengthening from inside. Have we been strengthened? If we as a country do not stick to something then we are destined to become the next great "lost" civilization in the world, hey we can't even feed and shelter our hungry but we can other countries. We can't pay our debt off, have guns or even pray in public without chastisement. i am a firm believer in my amendments but at the same time I respect others as well. But, why should I change because a group of individuals are crying "woe is me"? Jesus is God, God is Jesus. We love all, but we do not condone their acts or way of life. I have not seen Jamie in years and she and Adam are great parents doing what they can to survive and raise their kids just like the rest of us, but why oh why are we yanking this chain of equality when it is not equality? If gays and lesbians want their way of life to be legal then we should be able to have the 10 commandments posted everywhere we want, pray in school and not sell beer on Sunday.

What is your response to above?

It is in regards to the topic of the day, marriage equality.  

It is more than a little obvious this person cannot understand that this is not a Christian Nation, never should be nor has been.  He cannot remove their own bible long enough to realize that not every one should be required to bow down and do as they are told by those who 'believe'.

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
autodidact
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:08 PM

please tell me the author is a child. 

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Quoting autodidact:

No.  A 38 year old man.

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:14 PM
6 moms liked this

1. If you want the ten commandments, carry your Bible

2. You CAN pray in school

3. If you don't want beer on Sunday, don't buy beer on Sunday. Or don't sell it, whatever. Plenty of businesses with Christian owners close on Sundays. 

None of this has anything to do with marriage or equality at all. 

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:14 PM

wow. it's a mess, and he's not very well informed or organized in his thought process.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting autodidact:

No.  A 38 year old man.

GLWerth
by Gina on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting autodidact:

No.  A 38 year old man.

Clearly not one who knows how to write a coherent sentence. The only thing I got from that is that he wants the US to be a theocracy and is mad it isn't. Oh, and he likes guns.

At least tell me he's not home schooling his kids.

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting autodidact:

No.  A 38 year old man.

Ugh. Not surprising.

Such ignorance, and of course very poor reasoning skills.

jllcali
by Jane on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:20 PM
It sounds as if he is in a manic phase.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:23 PM

But oh, is he serious.  lol

And of course, this country was founded solely on Christian values and is a Christian nation.

Seems some of us better pack it in and move else where since we do not conform to those 'values'. 

gludwig2000
by Gina on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol, woe is me because until I get what I want and believe in, nobody else's wants or beliefs matter.

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:45 PM

1. Nothing lasts forever. 

2. That's putting it mildly and underselling every thing that happened to our ancestors. 

3. I don't think he could name a civilization besides the Roman one. And even then, I doubt he knows how it fell. 

4. At that point in time, the country was 13 states with a small population and they were surrounded by Native Americans who were pissed as all fucking hell for legit reasons. Comparing the time of Washington to today is an apples and oranges fallacy. We are plenty strong now with extremely weak points all over the place. 

Stick to something? He doesn't know what he's talking about here. 

We can feed the entire world twice over but we choose not too. CHOOSE. We choose not to do that. It's a concious choice made by our "leaders". 

Religious nonsense blah blah blah blow me asshole. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN