Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Your response to this..............

Posted by   + Show Post

Quote:

1- What has happened to every great civilization on this globe? 2- Each civilization has had its own share of hardships and issues to conquer. 3- Has each civilization overcome these obstacles? 4- George Washington said (and I am paraphrasing) that we- the USA should not go out and seek other countries or their issues. He said this for various reasons, but a main one was that we were an unstable union and needed strengthening from inside. Have we been strengthened? If we as a country do not stick to something then we are destined to become the next great "lost" civilization in the world, hey we can't even feed and shelter our hungry but we can other countries. We can't pay our debt off, have guns or even pray in public without chastisement. i am a firm believer in my amendments but at the same time I respect others as well. But, why should I change because a group of individuals are crying "woe is me"? Jesus is God, God is Jesus. We love all, but we do not condone their acts or way of life. I have not seen Jamie in years and she and Adam are great parents doing what they can to survive and raise their kids just like the rest of us, but why oh why are we yanking this chain of equality when it is not equality? If gays and lesbians want their way of life to be legal then we should be able to have the 10 commandments posted everywhere we want, pray in school and not sell beer on Sunday.

What is your response to above?

It is in regards to the topic of the day, marriage equality.  

It is more than a little obvious this person cannot understand that this is not a Christian Nation, never should be nor has been.  He cannot remove their own bible long enough to realize that not every one should be required to bow down and do as they are told by those who 'believe'.

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Replies (21-29):
rfurlongg
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:53 AM

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

1. If you want the ten commandments, carry your Bible

2. You CAN pray in school

3. If you don't want beer on Sunday, don't buy beer on Sunday. Or don't sell it, whatever. Plenty of businesses with Christian owners close on Sundays. 

None of this has anything to do with marriage or equality at all. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lancet98
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:46 AM
2 moms liked this

And to the author if this rambling slightly psychotic epistle - I hate to say it, but most of our founding fathers had religious beliefs you wouldn't really approve of.

It is in regards to the topic of the day, marriage equality.  

It is more than a little obvious this person cannot understand that this is not a Christian Nation, never should be nor has been.  He cannot remove their own bible long enough to realize that not every one should be required to bow down and do as they are told by those who 'believe'.

Exactly.   

Our country is not founded on a specific religion.

And the founding fathers, good students of history that they were, were abundantly sure that a religious autocracy was the equivalent of financial and social suicide, for a nation.

justinnaimee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:50 AM
I dont understand the parallel he's trying to create between gay marriage and the 10 commandments being posted everywhere. What does one have to do with the other?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashellbell
by shellbark on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:52 AM
2 moms liked this
Dad, is that you?
lancet98
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:55 AM

It is disturbing to watch your elders go through that transformation, ain't it?

Certain political groups really glom onto people facing a future on a fixed income!

Quoting ashellbell:

Dad, is that you?

kaylasmom22
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Take Jesus out of the equation and he is right. We shouldn't feed other countries when our kids are going hungry.We shouldn't fight wars in other countries when there is a war going on right here. Fix your home first before you fix others.
lancet98
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't agree with that.   I see this as partisan politics funneled through some  sort of substance abuse, LOL.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:32 AM

People be crazy

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting FromAtoZ:
Quote:

why are we yanking this chain of equality when it is not equality?

If gays and lesbians want their way of life to be legal then we should be able to have the 10 commandments posted everywhere we want, pray in school and not sell beer on Sunday.

Homosexual people should be able to do or say anything they want, in the privacy of their own bedrooms, as long as only consenting parties are involved.

Christian people should be able to do or say anything they want, in the privacy of their own churches, as long as only consenting parties are involved.

Two people should be able to marry, whether they are homosexual or non-homosexual, as long as only consenting parties are involved.

Two people should be able to marry, whether they are Christian or non-Christian, as long as only consenting parties are involved.

One person should be able to sell a beer to another person, in any time or location, as long as only consenting parties are involved.  (Note: if the location is somewhere that receives government funding, then the government counts as one of the parties whose consent it required.)

One person should be able to sell a bible to another person, in any time or location, as long as only consenting parties are involved.  (Note: if the location is somewhere that receives government funding, then the government counts as one of the parties whose consent it required.)

Equality has never meant "You can do everything you want, no matter if it affects non-consenting people; as long as I can do the same."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)