Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Fluff--Celebrity Sighting

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:31 PM
  • 96 Replies
4 moms liked this

I had a fun thing happen to me today.  I spent an hour talking to Jim Belushi.  He was friendly and polite, unassuming.  

He was in Minneapolis to check out our event spaces for a comedy club he wants to do, and I got to show him around our spaces.

Any of you had a celeb sighting or a conversation with one?  Anyone live in an area where there are a lot of celebs and it's no big deal?

Post your sightings here!

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Cool!

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:35 PM
3 moms liked this
Not me, but hubby played college football with Josh Duhamel. I did meet him back then, but he wasn't nearly as hot, he had a mullet and was the back up QB. His nickname was 'quarterback geek'.

We had hoped to get down to Minot, ND last summer for homecoming and the football reunion, but family obligations kept us away. Josh was there though, damn family keeping me from seeing him.

PS - hubs has seen him in the shower ;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:41 PM
2 moms liked this

How cool is that!!!!

I've met quite a few.  My most favorite............(that is excellent grammar, by the way...lol) is George Strait.  

specialwingz
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I worked for American Airlines at the Minneapolis Airport.  He flew us regularly with his son.  He loves the lakes and the fishing in MN.  He is an awesome guy!  I loved it when he came into town.

As for other celebrities, my 10 years in the ailrine industry gave me lots of those experiences.  Besides Jim Belushi, I've met Prince, Stevie Nicks, Mel Tillis, Dolly Parton, Donna Douglas (Ellie Mae Clampet), Sheila E, Waylon Jennings, Little Anthony, the actor that play Other Brother Darrel on the Bob Newhart Show, and some others I'm forgetting at the moment.  I live just south of Austin, TX now.  We have Matthew McConaughey, Sandra Bullock, Willie Nelson and a few others who have homes here.  Not to mention all the stars that frequent our music and film festivals.  We also have tons of red carpet premiers here.  Along with several movies filmed here, too.

Chris030406
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I met Jim Belushi at a maradi gras gala in 2006. He was fun to drink with lol!

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Lucky hubs!  :D

Quoting canadianmom1974:

Not me, but hubby played college football with Josh Duhamel. I did meet him back then, but he wasn't nearly as hot, he had a mullet and was the back up QB. His nickname was 'quarterback geek'.

We had hoped to get down to Minot, ND last summer for homecoming and the football reunion, but family obligations kept us away. Josh was there though, damn family keeping me from seeing him.

PS - hubs has seen him in the shower ;-)

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Wow!  I haven't met many at all.  I tried not to act like a star-struck geek, but Jim Belushi made it easy.  He was actually pretty warm and down to earth.

Quoting specialwingz:

I worked for American Airlines at the Minneapolis Airport.  He flew us regularly with his son.  He loves the lakes and the fishing in MN.  He is an awesome guy!  I loved it when he came into town.

As for other celebrities, my 10 years in the ailrine industry gave me lots of those experiences.  Besides Jim Belushi, I've met Prince, Stevie Nicks, Mel Tillis, Dolly Parton, Donna Douglas (Ellie Mae Clampet), Sheila E, Waylon Jennings, Little Anthony, the actor that play Other Brother Darrel on the Bob Newhart Show, and some others I'm forgetting at the moment.  I live just south of Austin, TX now.  We have Matthew McConaughey, Sandra Bullock, Willie Nelson and a few others who have homes here.  Not to mention all the stars that frequent our music and film festivals.  We also have tons of red carpet premiers here.  Along with several movies filmed here, too.

specialwingz
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, he is a really great guy.  It's hard not to act like a star struck geek.  I know that all too well.  But, I was good at maintaining composure.  I've learned you will get more time and conversation with them if you treat them like normal people and not draw a lot of attention to them.  The only exceptions I found to that rule were Prince, Sheila E. and Kim Bassinger (forgot about her last night. Alec Baldwinwas with her but hated all the attention seeking of his wife.  This was before their nasty divorce.

Quoting stacymomof2:

Wow!  I haven't met many at all.  I tried not to act like a star-struck geek, but Jim Belushi made it easy.  He was actually pretty warm and down to earth.

Quoting specialwingz:

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I can see that.  He was different than I thought he would be, I thought he might be arrogant but he wasn't, not at all.  He didn't even blink when I didn't recognize him.  (Who expects Jim Belushi to walk up to you and introduce himself?)  He just walked up with no warning when I was having a smoke outside our building.  He and another guy (who is also a comedian) asked to see our event spaces and I was like, well sure, what kind of thing would you be looking to do?  Haha I had no idea.

Quoting Chris030406:

I met Jim Belushi at a maradi gras gala in 2006. He was fun to drink with lol!

btamilee
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Other than seeing Stephen King every once and a while....I got nothing.  Although...hoping to catch a peak at Patrick Dempsey On April 6th at the Lewiston Auburn Film Festival.  My teenager daughter is up for a student film award, and rumor has it.....he may be there, along with Les Stroud (survivor man).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)