Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

ConServative mommas... What would you do if your child comes to you and tells you they are gay?

Posted by   + Show Post
Be honest.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:32 AM
Replies (11-20):
Carpy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I know alot of democrats who are anti gay.  Believe me I have argued nearly to blows with a lot of them.  My husband is retired UAW so I know a lot of dems.  I have been in heated arguments with plenty of them on gay and racial issues.

Quoting loverbug75:

Also I apologize if I use the term conservative to loosely to describe people who are not for marriage equality. It just seems that how it's been identified.

Quoting Pink.Frosting:

There is absolutely, positively nothing my kids could tell me or do that would make me stop loving them and doing everything I can for them.  I'm one of those "conservative mommas" but my kids trump everything else in this world.  That will never, ever change no matter what.

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Just to add, I think a lot of them hate me for more reasons than those two issues, because I will argue politics with anyone who is willing and I am no different here than face to face when arguing.  So I can piss off some dems not just on conservative issues but their own parties issues.  The best of both worlds.

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:47 AM
2 moms liked this

Love them. Just like I have done since the day I found out I was going to have them. Support them and let them know I'll be there every day thereafter just like I always have been. Being conservative doesn't automatically put you in the category of anti gay. Smh. 

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:18 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't equate conservative with anti gay. Nothing would change in my home.
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly. My entire extended family are Dems. The good majority of them do not support gay marriage and do not like "the gays".

Quoting Carpy:

I know alot of democrats who are anti gay.  Believe me I have argued nearly to blows with a lot of them.  My husband is retired UAW so I know a lot of dems.  I have been in heated arguments with plenty of them on gay and racial issues.

Quoting loverbug75:

Also I apologize if I use the term conservative to loosely to describe people who are not for marriage equality. It just seems that how it's been identified.

Quoting Pink.Frosting:

There is absolutely, positively nothing my kids could tell me or do that would make me stop loving them and doing everything I can for them.  I'm one of those "conservative mommas" but my kids trump everything else in this world.  That will never, ever change no matter what.

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:40 AM
5 moms liked this

I only hope my sons find a person who is willing to love them and be their best friends through life. Race, gender, color, creed, I don't care as long as they love and are loved. 

ashellbell
by shellbark on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:46 AM
I'm not anti gay. I actually wish Hannah was gay sometimes (only because I know how boys are and she's becoming a going adult), but my fathers side had some anti gay folks until we lost a cousin to suicide because of the hateful bigotry that on that side of the family. My father would disown her though. He'd disown any of his kids if we 'were fags or brought home a black.'
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I would be surprised. My son is married with 2 kids. My daughter is getting married in a couple months. Yea...I'd be surprised.

soonergirl980
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Ok...would you like some dinner???

tooptimistic
by Kelly on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:42 PM

My oldest thought she was gay, but it turns out he's transgender.  I am pretty conservative and it really wasn't a big deal.  My baby is my baby no matter what.  Being transgender honsetly threw me through a loop for a few days, because I felt like I was losing my daughter.  I think that is very normal.  Same kid though, no matter what.  I just want him healthy and happy, no matter what.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)