Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

ConServative mommas... What would you do if your child comes to you and tells you they are gay?

Posted by   + Show Post
Be honest.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:32 AM
Replies (21-30):
toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:16 PM
5 moms liked this

I'd be disappointed because it goes against the religious values I have taught them...but I would love them no less.  My kids, regardless. 

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:00 PM

bump

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this
It wouldn't make any difference to me. As long as my kids are happy and their partner treats them right, I'm all good...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
parentalrights1
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Not conservative but if they told me that id offer a shopping trip in case they wanted to dress differently
sheramom4
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Not conservative at all. Probable responses include "Did you get your chores done?" "Dinner's ready." or "So what's the schedule for tomorrow?" It would not bother me at all, nor would it change anything.

CountryMomma123
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I am loving the answer that you ladies have given. I thought reading through this I would find at least one or two negative answers to this question and I am to say that there are none and shouldn't be because your kids will always ne your kids no matter who they love in life. They are still the same kids you raised and love. I for one wouldn't care if my boys where gay. I would love them the same as I do now and nothing about that would change. 

Lizard_Lina
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:43 PM
This though I might switch dissapointed with surprised.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

I'd be disappointed because it goes against the religious values I have taught them...but I would love them no less.  My kids, regardless. 

Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I am I guess you'd say middle of the road, leaning conservative in some areas and liberal in other.  Were it my child I'd simply support and love them.  If they are happy I am happy.

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I love my child no matter what. Judgment is up to God, and that's whom I leave it up to.

....I am only responsible for what I say,NOT for what you understand.....
pamelax3
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I would be considered a conservative mom, and I guess I would say ok, what would be the big deal, they are my child and I love them and whom ever they choose, unless that person treats them like crap

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)