Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

ConServative mommas... What would you do if your child comes to you and tells you they are gay?

Posted by   + Show Post
Be honest.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:32 AM
Replies (261-261):
Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 10:38 AM
I'm glad you love your daughter unconditionally, but how then would you refuse to even meet her life partner? If she were to marry a good Muslim man that would never occur to you as acceptable.

It also would never be OK to me to say that I accept you but not your faith. KWIM?

Hopefully, for her sake, you are right & she is heterosexual. If she is lesbian, rejecting her life partner to the point of never meeting her is the same as rejecting your daughter IMO.

Quoting muslimah:

Well I love my child unconditionally. That being said it would be really hard for me to accept and it would probably take a while to get over the initial shock of it but at the end of the day she is my child and no matter what I love her and will be there for her and deal with the fact that it is her life although I would never approve. And if it were to ever come down to her and another women getting married I would not be attending the wedding or having anything to do with it at all. I'm sure I would.n't even have an interest in knowing the other women in way shape or form.

I am pleased to say that I feel confident enough to say that this not something I will ever have to worry about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)